Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duo tool holder CSE - Tool correction - pockets issue

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Hello Everyone,

I have almost done with my simulation of Okuma, one turret , double spindle , reused controller sim10_millturn_5ax_fanuc to build required cse.

Main spindle side works great (left picture view) , but subspindle side (right picture view) after transfer... needs little improvement .

main_mcs.jpg

I encountered a problem only with duo holder , with two different tools equiped on two internal pockets. It seems that right hand tool does not "hit" on the path generated on subspindle side.

If i have symmetric duo holder with same tools on both sides - no problem (same lenght from tool tips to center of turret).

My problem only applies on subspindle side - plz look on picture below, in CSE development tools You will see that my CSE reads only left tool offset (Q,L,Z) .

Right tool which is looking on subspindle side, have good direction movement and good T-code (variable #4120 detect T0323) but bad correction (tool tracing line not align to tool path line ) ...

subspindle_correction.jpg

I made some simple subprogram for turret rotation as picture below:
I added here a little logic for using variable listener from MCF , only for two tools T0424 and T0525 which are pernamently mounted as a drilling tools - #789 this is manual offset in [Z] direction ,assigned to specific tools - it is working – and mayby this could be a solution , but only with constant value like 11.5 for a right side of e.g. DrillTool or another . But after changing Holder to another socket, or after change mounting depth - it wont work.

Turret_rotate.jpgAnd on last picture below this is transformation for G141 (subspindle base, set as fixture offset 2 , variable 55 = #4014 )
I am using Z axis , calculated from main 0 base , so in subspindle (G141) I wrote transformation for revers direction of Z - named as "ZETMIN"  and active subspindle spinning as [C2] - it is working.But still problem occurs only on right tool mounted to duo holder...

I was trying to add special [D] adress (same like in sim15_millturn_9ax) to cse_preprocessline to read e.g M[something] (D1, activate right Pocket // D2 , activate left Pocket) - did not work .
Should I combine to activate corrections to TRANSFORMATION ["zetmin"] via setZCorrection () / setLCorrection() / setQCorrection ??? Any other advice? 

Also I was trying to change adjust registers & cutcom registers in duo holder pockets - still no result ...

transformation.jpg

I will be grateful for any help, best regards Jacob

========================================
Engineering >> NX10.0 Performance in the making
2 REPLIES

Re: Duo tool holder CSE - Tool correction - pockets issue

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello I hope I can help here; from the description I assume understood the problem. Your ideas make it much more complicated as needed. I like to suggest the following:

1. How is left/right cutter programmed in NX and then identified in the NC Code?

Best might be to have unique adjust register number for left and right e.g. 1 and 2

This should be taken into account form the post and output accordingly e.g G43 H1 and G43 H2

Then the system will use the CSE kernel command SetToolCorrection() with the adjust register number of the active tool in the carrier. So the active tool is the holder of both cutters. The system will then find either the left or right cutter by the adjust register number and deliver different values for L/Q/Z Correction.

That should be the direction hiding for.

Thomas

Thomas Schulz
Siemens PLM
Manufacturing Engineering Software

Re: Duo tool holder CSE - Tool correction - pockets issue

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Hello Thomas,

Iam sorry for late respons - Thank You for very valuable advice.

Some combinations are good  Smiley Happy

This Okuma need a Tcode like below:

Left hand tool (Main spindle side ) : T0303 (if tool number 3 is needed).

Right hand tool (Counter spin) : T0525 (if tool number 5 is needed ,number 2 activates right tool correction).

Same is for right tool number 6 = T0626 , and eg. tool number 8 = T0828 , etc.

I Think I will check this all again ,

About  SetToolCorrection  actualny my H metacode looks like picture below :

H-code.jpg

Once more - Thank You Thomas for your guidelines.

Best regards , Jacob

========================================
Engineering >> NX10.0 Performance in the making

Learn online

Solution Information