I have filed another enhancement request regarding FBM and tooling design (like MoldWizard, Die Design, etc.) to include the information about which step of a hole contains a fit face.
Below find a proposal for a "me too" request at GTAC.
# Short Description of desired enhancement: <Problem rather than a solution>
* it is not possible to determine which hole face is a fit face
# What activity in your process is the product not able to currently handle?
* we need to identify the hole step that is a fit face to select the appropriate machining rule
+ for example distinguish between fit milling and reaming
# What result are you trying to achieve? (Please provide as many details as possible.)
* We like to get an attribute that holds the diameter number that is marked as a fit face when using parametric machining feature recognition
# Do you currently have a workaround?
# Do you have a proposal for the solution you envision Siemens PLM providing for this capability?
* Similar to the attribute THREAD_DIAMETER_NR, that holds the step identified as thread, an attribute would be needed for the following tooling design attributes
+ and any others that the tooling design developers are aware of
# What is the level of productivity gained from such an enhancement?
+ further improve the reliability of the manufacturing process created through FBM
+ better reuse information provided by other NX automation tools, like the tooling design
# Other information:
* See https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/12.0.2/nx_help/#uid:xid1128421:index_diedesign:xid951440:id1457802:id1457820:standard_parts_standparts_face_attributes for the tooling design attributes
* Link to existing ER#9266958
If you find this beneficial for your company ask GTAC to be attached to this enhancement request.