Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Engraved note option

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@turuleng wrote:

So looks like curved texts can be dumbed down to a sketch then converted to a PMI custom symbol. 

From here on the text can be selected as usual with the engrave function but I get a no shape error. 

I think you are taking the long route. Just use the "Curve/Point" drive option of "Fixed Contour" or "Variable Contour" milling operation and select the Text as "feature curves" (in selection intent).

For those curves you cannot use the Text Engrave option.

If you dont have contour milling, i am afraid you cannot use this.

Regards,

Gerrit Koelewijn

What do you mean when you write "engrave function"?

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I have contour mill option and yes it works. The trouble is that when you pick these curves.. NX engraves in rather non-linear way.. and I get a lots of back and forth between characters.. this is really apparent when you try and engrave around a full circular egde... characters get engraved in rasterized fashion.

Or at least I have not figured out how to change the cut order. 

RASTER ENGRAVE.JPGundesired raster effect

Engrave function..  by this I mean the regular contour text or planar text function.. 

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Well I guess if I pick them one by one It's fine.. and does what I want but that is just ridiculous.

I know I am being pushy.. but the Contour text should do this by default. 

along curve ENGRAVE.JPG

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
Curve/Point is ordering the motions along the X-axis. If you can split your text in 2 pieces that can flow from X- to X+ you get much better results.
Regards,

Gerrit Koelewijn

Learn online

Solution Information