Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engraving in manufacturing using custom note or symbol to project on any surface

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi, I am looking to find a way to create some engraving using custom symbol like a recycling logo I would create and then use as a custom symbol like a note or text in manufacturing that I would project onto any surface Planar or not.. any idea how to do it ? thanks to let me know.

6 REPLIES

Re: Engraving in manufacturing using custom note or symbol to project on any surface

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

You can create your own font and one symbol can be your logo, recycling symbol etc.

Re: Engraving in manufacturing using custom note or symbol to project on any surface

Pioneer
Pioneer

I was able to create a symbol by defining it in drafting with the define command, but my symbol does not even save in my symbols folder location... the folder is empty.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

So.

I have downloaded Recycling logo from web and insert it into NX.

RECYCL.png

I create few lines, sorry, not so detailed - you can do it more detailed.

I create my own FNT file and compile it with ugfontc.exe into FNX

Restart NX

Insert my own symbol and Engrave it. See a video (open archive). I dont know why I cannot select one symbol for engraving, not so important.

Good Luck!

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi thanks ! would you be able to show me how to create my fnt symbol file thanks

Creator
Creator
Good idea! I think you add new symbol to futura font, instead "A"?

Creator
Creator

@Chigishev, thanks for idea! I did a new font SYMBOLS.fnt and now I can use this symbol for Engraving!

Recycling.png

Learn online

Solution Information