Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Engraving in manufacturing using custom note or symbol to project on any surface

Hi, I am looking to find a way to create some engraving using custom symbol like a recycling logo I would create and then use as a custom symbol like a note or text in manufacturing that I would project onto any surface Planar or not.. any idea how to do it ? thanks to let me know.

6 REPLIES

Re: Engraving in manufacturing using custom note or symbol to project on any surface

You can create your own font and one symbol can be your logo, recycling symbol etc.

Re: Engraving in manufacturing using custom note or symbol to project on any surface

I was able to create a symbol by defining it in drafting with the define command, but my symbol does not even save in my symbols folder location... the folder is empty.

So.

I have downloaded Recycling logo from web and insert it into NX.

RECYCL.png

I create few lines, sorry, not so detailed - you can do it more detailed.

I create my own FNT file and compile it with ugfontc.exe into FNX

Restart NX

Insert my own symbol and Engrave it. See a video (open archive). I dont know why I cannot select one symbol for engraving, not so important.

Good Luck!

Hi thanks ! would you be able to show me how to create my fnt symbol file thanks

Good idea! I think you add new symbol to futura font, instead "A"?

@Chigishev, thanks for idea! I did a new font SYMBOLS.fnt and now I can use this symbol for Engraving!

Recycling.png

Learn online

Solution Information