cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancement request for MRL holder segments in components

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I am currently in the process of migrating from MTL to MRL to gain better support and maintainability.

I have found that the attributes of NX holder segments are missing from the holder classes, so one can't fill them out through graphics builder through the part family.

I though MRL would be developed with the experience and knowledge of the CAM consultants installing and configuring MTL in the past.

I have found that this is not the case and you still need to highly customize MRL to get all necessary NX attributes inherited from the components.

The information is available in the components, since it is used to build the 3D model from the sketch dimensions.

If you think this would be useful, let yourself be added to ER#7298544 by GTAC.

ER text below.

* Short Description:
Add NX holder information to the holder component classes in MRL

* What activity in your process is UG not able to currently handle?  
It is not possible to automatically add the NX holder information to the holder component classes through the part family members without customization.

* What result are you trying to achieve?  
Add the holder segment information for NX through the part family members, since it is already used to specify the shape of the holder component sketch.

* Do you currently have a workaround? 
I have to manually add the holder information at the tool assembly level to avoid customization. If I like to have it inherited from the holder component, I have to customize all holder classes.

* Do you have a proposal for the solution you envision UG providing for this capability?

* What is the level of productivity gained from such an enhancement?
HIGH, maintainability, makes more sense, works as expected, increases the level of automatism

* Other information:
Generally any information that is already available at component level should be inherited at assembly level. It doesn't make any sense to specify information manually at assembly level, which can be inherited from the components.
Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Learn online

Solution Information