Currently MRL is configured to not inherit the NX tool type from the cutting component, which in my opinion is not good.
Why would I want to have to correct the tool type in 100 tool assemblies, if I made a mistake, if it would be possible to only correct it once in the cutter component and the assemblies get updated automatically?
If you find this useful, get yourself added to ER#7300861 by GTAC.
ER text below.
* Short Description of desired enhancement: <Problem rather than a solution>
Add NX tool type attribute to the tool component classes in MRL.
* What activity in your process is the product not able to currently handle?
Tool assembly classes are not inheriting all necessary tool information from the components.
* What result are you trying to achieve? (Please provide as many details as possible.)
Inherit as much information as possible from the component classes, so you only have to change the information once in the component and not multiple times in every assembly the component is used in.
* Do you currently have a workaround?
Add the missing attributes to the component classes, but I want to avoid customization.
* Do you have a proposal for the solution you envision Siemens PLM providing for this capability?
* What is the level of productivity gained from such an enhancement?
HIGH, maintainability, makes more sense, works as expected, increases the level of automatism
* Other information:
It doesn't make sense to have tool component information not inherited by the tool assembly from the components.