In MTL it was possible to have up to 15 holder segments specified.
In MRL there are only six segments available by default, so one has to customize this to at least support the amount possible in MTL.
Sure Siemens PLM software has a high level of customization, but why not start at least with the amount of the superseded product?
I have thought that migrating to MRL would reduce the amount of initial customization, but it doesn't seem so.
If you find this useful, have yourself added to ER#7300897 by GATC.
ER text below.
* Short Description of desired enhancement: <Problem rather than a solution>
Add support for at least fifteen holder segments in tool assemblies, which was the maximum possible in MTL.
* What activity in your process is the product not able to currently handle?
It is not possible to migrate from MTL to MRL without customizing the amount of possible tool holder segments.
* What result are you trying to achieve? (Please provide as many details as possible.)
Allow migration from MTL to MRL without the need to customize tool assembly views.
* Do you currently have a workaround?
Customize any tool assembly view to allow at least as much holder segments as in MTL.
* Do you have a proposal for the solution you envision Siemens PLM providing for this capability?
* What is the level of productivity gained from such an enhancement?
HIGH, maintainability, makes more sense, works as expected, increases the level of automatism
* Other information:
I didn't think it would be needed to customize essential things in MRL.