cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error When Post Processing an Operation Using the PostProcessor Created with Post Configurator

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello All,

I created a mill_5Ax_fanuc_post postprocessor in Post Configurator. I did nothing to the processor in the Post Configurator dialog. When tried to post process an operation using this processor, it always shows a message as attached. It says the error comes from Event: MOM_first_tool, but there is no such event in the corresponding .tcl file. I couldn't find such a configuration object in the Post Configurator dialog either. Does anyone have any ideas about this error? The level of my license is Advanced.

Error.PNG

Thanks,

Kai

5 REPLIES

Betreff: Error When Post Processing an Operation Using the PostProcessor Created with Post Configura

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

Hello Kai,

Can you please provide the NX-logfile.

Also the Post can help to analyse it, if this possible to share.
Only with the error message is a statement here difficult.

Thanks,

Uwe

Betreff: Error When Post Processing an Operation Using the PostProcessor Created with Post Configura

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello Uwe,

Thanks for you reply. I just created a new postprocessor with post configurator, and didn't do any change to it. I am still trying to figure out how to use the post configurator.

Please find the log file and the post attached.

Thanks,

Kai

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

Hello Kai,

THX to support this data.

I found now the Bug. The reason is, the Post is driven by an inch part in your case.

I expanded the limits e.g. :

ADDRESS Z
  {
      FORMAT      Coordinate
      FORCE       off
      MAX         9999999.999 Abort
      MIN         -9999999.999 Abort
      LEADER      [$mom_sys_leader(Z)]
  }

The error was driven by the incoming value, which is converted wrong:

ADDRESS:Z, Maximum is 99999.999000, this value is 2539997.460000

I add the changed file to this entry, please overwrite your existing file located at ..\sim08_mill_5ax_fanuc_post\Controller\ with the attached file.

So your post shoud be run.

We will correct this for the upcoming libraries.

Thanks,

Uwe

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thanks, Uwe. It works now.

Kai

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Just as a general note, anytime you see the "error in do_event" text in a message when posting, you need to look into the NX log file (NX10: Menu -> Help -> Log file, or do as I do and put it on a border bar, as I use it so much) to see what the *real* error is.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Learn online

Solution Information