Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when loading work......

Experimenter
Experimenter

Morning,

I'm having problems loading work that I have previously worked on. I'll work on it the day before, save it then when I come in the next day it says:

part.prt - Failed to find file using current search options, part left unload

I thought to start with it may be a fire wall issue as we keep all our engineering files on a server. Then I saved it to my desktop and I got the same error.

Any Suggestion?

Nathan

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Error when loading work......

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Sounds like you need to check your asembly load options, Menu /File / Options / Assembly Load options. There is a drop down box with options, will depend on where your files are stored on which one is correct for you.

Mike

NX 11.0.2.7
Win 10

Phenom
Phenom

Try using the Assembly Load Options, and set to "As Saved."

If you have already moved the files around, start over by placing all of your files in the same folder, then load using "From Folder." 

Save your files and set back to "As Saved." Now, the next time you open, they will look into the directory and load from where they were last saved to. 

assembly options.PNG

Glenn Balon
Production: NX 12.0.2 MP10 Primarily CAM

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks Mike, 

That worked I had to change the Part Version to AS SAVED because parts in the assembly are in different folders

Experimenter
Experimenter

Sorry Glen didn't see this till after I posted.  Thanks

Highlighted

Phenom
Phenom

You can also list the components to see what directory they are in. Things can get messy fast if you are opening files from all over the place. 

list components.PNG

Glenn Balon
Production: NX 12.0.2 MP10 Primarily CAM

Learn online

Solution Information