Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while opening post builder.exe file

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I am facing an issue while opening Post_buil.exe file from my siemens directory. As i attached two snaps of this.

Please tell me how to resolve this issue. If  you know  any other way to start post builder then share me this also.

urgently needed helerror.JPGpath.JPG

3 REPLIES

Re: Error while opening post builder.exe file

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Never start a NX executable directly from Explorer, since they need a specified environment.

Most of the short cuts contained in the start menu are launching a batch file that sets the correct environment to run the utility.

So always start NX applications from the start menu or a copy of the start menu entry.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.1, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4
Development: C (ITK), .NET, Tcl/Tk Testing: NX12.0 | AWC 3.4 Preparing: NX12.0

Employees of the customers, together we are strong Smiley Wink
How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
NX Customization - Best Practice Guide

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thanks for replying @Stefan_Pendl .I tried to opened it from Start menu but it returned with the erorr(Snap1).

"Cant find a useable init.tcl in the following directories".icopied Init.tcl files in some of required directories now error msg is disappeared but post builder doesn't proceed further and hanged on by displaying black cmd screen.(Snap2)Capture1.JPGCapture2.JPG

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

I would say that your NX installation is broken and should be reinstalled to fix it.

Have you disabled your anti virus software during the installation of NX, if not you should do so, especially if you use anything else than Windows defender.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.1, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4
Development: C (ITK), .NET, Tcl/Tk Testing: NX12.0 | AWC 3.4 Preparing: NX12.0

Employees of the customers, together we are strong Smiley Wink
How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
NX Customization - Best Practice Guide

Learn online

Solution Information