cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with drilling operations with Machinecode Simulation

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello everyone!

I am programming a new Postprocessor to a 5 axis machine, almost everything works very well, the 5 axis can mill simultaneously without colision and etc...

But i have problems when i try to make any kind of drilling, using "drill" or "hole_making" operations, the programming of the operation seems to work very well when i try the toolpath simulation, but it never works properly when i use the machine code simulation. Is there anything special that i need to configure or define on my new post processor, or on NX?

PS: I am working with NX 10.0.0.24

Thanks,

Matheus Soares

3 REPLIES

Re: Error with drilling operations with Machinecode Simulation

Solution Partner Pioneer Solution Partner Pioneer
Solution Partner Pioneer

What NC Control is it?

If you read the posted file, is it Ok????

Experimenter
Experimenter

The NC Control is a Sinumerik Siemens 840D.

Yes the file seems to be ok, but i would not apply this NC Program on the machine if i have wrong movements in the machine code simulation, there are a lot of colisions, but i do not know why does it just happen with the drilling operations, i just used the simple drilling, that means i have the cycle 81 at my NC program.

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Hi Matheus,

What type of traversals do you have?

In case just squaring motions:

Even though your Sinumerik controller supports a retraction plane that differs from the clearance plane, your postprocessor may not. What value is set for RTP (in comparison with RFP + SDIS)?

Thanks,

Toon

Learn online

Solution Information