Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error with drilling operations with Machinecode Simulation

Hello everyone!

I am programming a new Postprocessor to a 5 axis machine, almost everything works very well, the 5 axis can mill simultaneously without colision and etc...

But i have problems when i try to make any kind of drilling, using "drill" or "hole_making" operations, the programming of the operation seems to work very well when i try the toolpath simulation, but it never works properly when i use the machine code simulation. Is there anything special that i need to configure or define on my new post processor, or on NX?

PS: I am working with NX 10.0.0.24

Thanks,

Matheus Soares

3 REPLIES

Re: Error with drilling operations with Machinecode Simulation

What NC Control is it?

If you read the posted file, is it Ok????

The NC Control is a Sinumerik Siemens 840D.

Yes the file seems to be ok, but i would not apply this NC Program on the machine if i have wrong movements in the machine code simulation, there are a lot of colisions, but i do not know why does it just happen with the drilling operations, i just used the simple drilling, that means i have the cycle 81 at my NC program.

Hi Matheus,

What type of traversals do you have?

In case just squaring motions:

Even though your Sinumerik controller supports a retraction plane that differs from the clearance plane, your postprocessor may not. What value is set for RTP (in comparison with RFP + SDIS)?

Thanks,

Toon

Learn online

Solution Information