cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBM Feature Recognition Rule Face definition

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

at the moment we start to implement FBM for automatisation of a complete part.

I started with a special threaded hole for that I created a Recognition Rule. I also defined some parameters for dimensions and also faces that can be selected in Hole making operations. I defined the faces like this:

parameter('FACES_CYLINDER_1')=role([Cyl1]),

Now I want to define a Face that extends over Cyl1 like "FACES_CYLINDER2" of the OOTB STEP2POCKET.

I can't find anything in the documentation about this and the recognition rules of STEP2POCKET are encrypted (I can't understand why, atleast if PLM wants that the customers work with and use FBM).

I hope you can help me and tell me if there is a documentation for this and how I can define Faces and other things more free.

Greetings

David

2016-08-03 13_51_20-NX 10 - Manufacturing - [model1.prt (Modified)    (!)].png

3 REPLIES

Re: FBM Feature Recognition Rule Face definition

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Do not write the recognition rules manually, instead use the approach described in the NX documentation to teach FBM features, where you use PMI notes to specify machining areas and PMI dimensions to specify attributes.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi David,

I have been working in the implementation of FBM in my company since a few months and I can guarantee that it saves a lot of time.

For me it is not so clear what is your problem, try to follow the advice of Stefan Pendl ,he has given me good advices for my project.

It is not the best idea to write the Recognition Rules manually, in the Feature Library you can find a wide library of features. Probably one of them fits with your feature. Otherwise you can always "Teach Features" [ also very complex ones ] directly in NX in a parametric way.

Good Luck!

Salvador Peregrina

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello and thank you for your quick responses, I think I know what my problem could be and how it works for STEP2HOLE. I think for now we can close this as solved.

Thanks

Learn online

Solution Information