cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBM: Mapping a Feature twice

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello there,

I ran into a problem when trying to map features.

We have a STEP1HOLE_THREAD (see pic below) and want to map it as LAND_BUSH. There is one 45 degree TOP_CHAMFER and one 15 degree TOP_CHAMFER_1.

Sometimes in our model, there is only the 15 degree chamfer. The highlighted chamfer in the pic is not there. Therefore, I defined the criteria in the mapping rule as follows:

mwf.ANGLE_TOP_CHAMFER_1 = 15.0 OR mwf.ANGLE_TOP_CHAMFER = 15.0 

As a result, the hole is mapped twice when running FBM. One has the highlighted chamfer, the other doesn't.

Then I tried creating a new feature, so that the hole with the highlighted chamfer and the one without can be mapped as two seperate featues. But when running FBM, it was still recognized twice.

Any ideas?

LAND_PUSH.PNG

Thanks,

Kai

14 REPLIES

Re: FBM: Mapping a Feature twice

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Make sure to set a flag variable that signals the rules, that the feature has already been mapped.

Something along the lines of:

mwf.IS_MAPPED = 0
$$ feature already mapped

REM your mapping here

lwf.IS_MAPPED = 1

You have to introduce the attribute IS_MAPPED on your own with a default value of 0 (zero).

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thanks, Stephan.

When the hole was mapped twice, each time a STEP1HOLE_THREAD feature (mwf) was mapped to the feature that I defined.

If I add a line 

lwf.IS_MAPPED = 1

in the less worked feature attributes, the IS_MAPPED attribute of the feature that was mapped to (lwf) was changed. 

Next time, NX will still map the STEP1HOLE_THREAD feature for a second time, as mwf.IS_MAPPED = 0.

Kai

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

What do you mean by "next time"?

If the solid gets changed the features are remapped, but then there should be no recognition as a regular step feature, since the system knows that the feature was created through mapping rules.

BTW, are you doing the mapping through the mapping rules tab or the machining knowledge rules tab?

There is a big difference, since one is creating a new feature and the other one is just changing the entry point for the machining rules.

Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

By next time I mean, the same hole was mapped twice, one with the highlighted chamfer, one without. And both were mapped from a STEP1HOLE_THREAD. I only ran "Find Features" once, and two features were generated for one hole.

The model is not changed in this case.

We are mapping through the mapping rules tab.

Capture.PNG

Kai

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

What does the output of the information window look like during the mapping?

Is the LAND_BUSH feature a sub feature of STEP1HOLE_THREAD?

Does the LAND_BUSH feature have at least the same priority as the STEP1HOLE_THREAD feature, features do have priorities too.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Kai,

I did a quick test to see if I could reproduce the behavior that you are describing but without success.

Can you please run your feature recognition with the mapping activated once on my test part and share the results?

Tom van 't Erve

NX CAM Development

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Please find the output of the information window attached.

I defined LAND_BUSH as a sub feature of STEP1HOLE_THREAD.

I was wondering where I can find the priority of the features.

Thanks,

Kai

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thanks, Tom. 

The FBM worked fine on your model. It seems there is something wrong with our model. But what could it be?

Please find the result attached. 

Kai

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

That nails it down a bit but doesn't solve your problem.

I don't have a clue at the moment what could be causing such behavior. If possible, please share a copy of your model (either through GTAC and tell them to forward it to me) or via a private message and we'll investigate this in more detail.

Tom van 't Erve

NX CAM Development

Learn online

Solution Information