Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

FBM Operation Program Group

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I have mapped a feature and teached operations (Drilling, and Milling operations) to the MKE.

When i search for the feature with my mapping rules, all features will be found.

When I create the operations automatically, NX creates for 10 of those features 10 seperate operations sets.

The features are all of one kind, so normally the created operations are grouped in one operation set.

I have to add, that i have defined a milling area for the milling operations, in the Add-ons in the MKE.

I want that NX groups all operations for those features in one operation set. Is that possible ?

Maybe there is a way, that all Milling areas will be machined in one Operation ?

Thank you.

snip_20170608110908.png

NX 10.0.1.8
17 REPLIES

Re: FBM Operation Program Group

Hi Muddi,

If I understood correctly. Normally the "sets" are created in automatic as soon as they have exactly the same feature attributes.Is this what you meant?

Check the settings for the groups, what is it set to? In your case it must be set to "use existing" to get one group for all features.

Post a screen shot of the ONT geometry group and the machining feature navigator if you had the setting correctly.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

[ Edited ]

I don't group the features, I just mark all the features and create the operations for the marked features, which are the same.

snip_20170608123946.png

As you can see NX creates me for the five features 5 operations-sets. I think this is because of the Mill_Area.

I would like to have for all 5 features 1 Operation set. In each operation all feature geometry should be included. The groups works perfect with operations which just includes the Type "hole_making".

snip_20170608124443.png

NX 10.0.1.8

@Muddi_91 , you are missing the Settings for the Groups inside the Create Feature Process window.

The milling area should not affect the group creation.

MUDDI_2.JPG

I found the Setting, box it was hidden.

But it does not change anything when i change to "use existing". Smiley Sad

NX 10.0.1.8

Have you tried selecting the option "Always Create New" ?

it is the same result.
I have features, where just hole_making operations are used, and NX groups all the operations with use "use existing" and with "always create new" as well.

Is it maybe because of the mill_planar - "floor and wall" operation? is that not supported for groups ?
NX 10.0.1.8

I think there is a misunderstanding about the group settings here:

1. Use existing
    • for each separate run of create feature process an existing group that matches the feature is used
  2. Always create new
    • for each separate run of create feature process a new separate group for the features is created
  3. Per feature
    • in any case create a new group for each separate feature

Generally the MILL_AREA shouldn't make a difference, but I have to check this.

The CAM operation type is not the culprit.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

[ Edited ]

I teached the operation now without the milling operation floor wall and now it works. Instead, I use know the hole_milling operation.

It has nothing to do with the Mill_Area, its the operation. Isn't it possible to get the same result with the floor wall operation? Do I have to add a function ?

Thank you.

NX 10.0.1.8

Learn online

Solution Information