cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBM: hole_making.TAPPING - how to set thread form to from table

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

If the thread is not designed then we need to set the thread information from the table, see image below.

How can this be done through MKE and the FBM rules?

I have already checked every setting, but found nothing.

I have found nothing to set "From Model" to "From Table", thanks in advance for any pointers.Thread FeatureThread Feature

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
4 REPLIES

Re: FBM: hole_making.TAPPING - how to set thread form to from table

Genius
Genius
From Table is not the best practice for this use case. Use From Model with the desired tapping tool instead. The tool wins and defines the thread parameters.
Best wishes,
Joachim

In production NX 11.0.1.11 D3

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

The tapping tool and the drilled hole match the thread definition, but there are still gouges reported.

If I change to the correct thread from the table, then the gouges are no longer reported.

Disabling gouge checking is not an option, since this is used in a process that doesn't support interactive actions.

Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1

Genius
Genius
Doesn't the authorized gouge mechanism prevent you from having an issue with the gouge? The tool with thread depth defines the in-process volume. If NX still reports gouges, then there is an incident and what you want to do is really a workaround.

Have you tried operation teaching to check if NX recognizes this parameter?
Best wishes,
Joachim

In production NX 11.0.1.11 D3

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

As mentioned before the symbolic thread is not designed as it is with STEP imports and similar.

I have reported this to GTAC now and it seems that NX 11.0 behaves differently from NX 10.0.

Still, to make sure this doesn't brake anything in the future, setting the correct thread definition from the table would be much appreciated.

Learn online

Solution Information