Did you mean: 

Face Milling Manual

Pioneer
Pioneer

How do I access this dialog box?

Capture.JPG

To click on the Wrench Icon to edit this dialog box:

Capture2.JPG

The only way I can get it to come up is automatically by changing constant to scallop or maybe changing a couple of other inputs to turn the toolpath dirty where it has to regenerate.  I don't see this anywhere else??? 

Capture3.JPG

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Face Milling Manual

Pioneer
Pioneer

Anyone???  When I click on the "Cut Pattern" drop down menu this is all that shows up.

Capture2.JPG

I can't get to any of this unless I force regeneration somehow by changing a parameter like stepover for example.

Capture3.JPG

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Which version are you using?

I just checked in NX12.0.2
There, every time I generate (also without modifying anything), it comes up with the "Region Cut Patterns" dialog you're asking for.

The Cut Pattern is set to Mixed as the only one. That is correct.
You are able to change the pattern used inside the "Region Cut Patterns" dialog which comes up when hitting Generate.

Best regards

Lars Okkels
Siemens, MBG

Pioneer
Pioneer

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. 

I'm on 12.0.1.7.  It will come up on a toolpath created from scratch but once it's calculated the only way I can get it to come up again is if I change a parameter in the toolpath.  Right click edit or right click generate won't get me there.  Why is the buttom always set to mixed then no matter what you set the path to?  I'm using zig zag and it still says mixed.  What does the "mixed" button even allow you to do once calculated anyways?  Or am I doing something else wrong here?

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius

Hi @Mark_MN

It will show mixed even when you have zig-zag selected.

Mixed just indicates that the pattern CAN BE  combination of different patterns.

Single click of generate button inside FACE MILLING MANUAL dialog box should bring 'Regin Cut Patterns' dialog.

Dailog doesn't pop-up when you select the operation & Right Click>Generate

This is on NX 12.0.2.

Paras Raina, Technical Head, MSC Systems Pvt. Ltd. (India)
NX 12.0.2
Solid Edge 2019

Learn online

Solution Information