cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fanuc 30i 5 Axis Table/Table Post Completed

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I finally completed a post processor for myu fleet of Makino's (a71, a82, and a92) on Friday. I finally got the Tilted Plane (G68.2) and RTCP (G43.4) to output machine code from my test parts that looks good. A lot of work had to be done wiith many TCL files that were incorrect or not functional. 

It was a great learning experience. Although the Post Builder class I took wasn't enough for me to tackle a 5 axis post for my first post I think it was a great introduction. It is absolutely essential to become familiar with the TCL programming language to make real progress with Post Builder.

I will deploy it on Monday to the Mfg. Eng. to bring it through it's trial phase. I expect there to be some issues, but at this time I feel as though I will be able to resolve them in short order.

Post Builder can be a powerful tool but it isn't a simple plug and play utility most in this industry would hope for it to be. If it were that simple, it would be more difficult to custom build a post specific for your needs.

Finally I have success!

Wayne-o

5 REPLIES

Re: Fanuc 30i 5 Axis Table/Table Post Completed

Experimenter
Experimenter

I wounder why you used G68.2 rather than G68.1 i have a post for fanuc 31i to support G68.1 that runs on a MORI-NTX2000 if you would like to trade. I also have a post for G112 complete for same machine. I have used the IS & V application in NX to create a full simulation of the NTX 2000 and 1000, i found this is the best way to debug posts if you can't get onto to a production machine. It also takes the guess work out of developing the post. My email is below if you want to trade.

aoregan1@its.jnj.com

Irish,

I'm not familiar with G68.1, I have always used a regular G68 or G68.2.  What is the reason that you use the G68.1 function over the other options?

Jake Hardwick
CNC Programmer
Senior Aerospace AMT
Production NX8.5.3.3 Beta testing NX10.0.1.4

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

According to the Fanuc 30i manual B-64484EN volume 1, page 285 the 68.1 format is used for turning.

The old  format of G68 can be used for milling as well.

The G68.2 uses Eulers angles but all of the rotations are placed in one line of code in the I, J, K, values along with the X, Y, Z displacement.

The G68.3 eliminates the necessity of angular declaration and looks at the plane that is normal to the spindle axis when the machine is moved to the proper orientation for axis translation machining.

Experimenter
Experimenter

G68.1 in general does the following. It's laid out as

G68.1 X Y Z I J K R

X is the shift amount from your main datum

Y is the shift amount from your main datum

Z is the shift amount from your main datum

I is the vector of rotation around X

J is the vector of rotation around Y

K is the vector of rotation around Z

R is the rotation amount around the vector of choice.

The cycle does Shift and then Rotation.

I have a attached an AVI example to view. Unzip and enjoy.

Regards

IRISH

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Sorry,

G68.1 is the format to used for a mill/turn machine. I don't believe you can use this format for a 3+2 machining center.

Learn online

Solution Information