Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fanuc - 5 Axis - angular rotation & work plane

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Hello everyone,

I made my own kinematics for my newly purchased 5 axis plotter (KIMLA). Kinematics made in NX9.0 and post made in Post builder 9.0. Driver is something mixed with fanuc & mach ...

I have problem with my internal postprocessor syntax . I started building post from origin sim05_mill_5ax_cam_fanuc_mm.pui (dual rotary heads). Machining simulation is ok, the MCS systems are set properly according to Working_with_OOTB_MACH_Simulation_Examples.pdf

But the problem is that my machine don't recognize G53.1 & G68.2 work plane X Y Z angular rotation centerlines(I,J,K Addresses)... In post builder I'am using in Rapid Move standard commands as PB_CMD_check_plane_for_wcs_rotation & G68.2 X Y Z I J K R in Operation Start Sequence (look at test_nx90.txt cnc code in attachment).

When I delete syntax above (G53.1 & G68.2) - my kinematics in simulation machine code is wrong, but Kimla milling tool is working properly in practice (look at test_nx_issue.txt cnc code in attachment)...

I posted some attachments with my work (kinematics srceenshots and cnc code) - I would be very grateful for help. Mates - I do not expect a ready solution or finished post "served on a platter" - I need just an indication what I'm doing wrong, what I could possibly correct in my post. So how to get around PB_CMD_check_plane_for_wcs_rotation & G68.2 X Y Z I J K R in postbuilder to recive proper kinematics in Nx ?

========================================
Engineering >> NX10.0 Performance in the making
2 REPLIES

Re: Fanuc - 5 Axis - angular rotation & work plane

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

Hello everyone,

I have a similar machine, and the same problem.
Does anyone have any idea how to solve.

Smiley Sad

Re: Fanuc - 5 Axis - angular rotation & work plane

Phenom
Phenom

I don't know about the OTB post files and routines you mention (the siemens people would be the experts on their code) - but I read you need to do the following for G68.2 to come out:

"If the “Special Output” of the local MCS is “CSYS Rotation” the postprocessor will output a special statement to indicate a translation and/or a rotation. The fixture offset number must always inherit its value from the parent MCS object. TRANS/ROT or CYCLE800 (based on UDE) -> SINUMERIK G68 -> Fanuc PLANE SPATIAL -> TNC"

I would think the post will only issue G68.2 syntax from using that MCS setting. If you don't want that - I would think you would put op under an MCS with one of the other output options. Did you use this one or another setting?

NX12.02
Windows 10 Pro

Learn online

Solution Information