Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fanuc G68.2 "No possible solution for rotary axis due to axis limit"

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

Hi everybody,

I'm building a 5 axes machine ISV (rotaries on the table, Table-Table style) which is similar to sim06_mill_5ax example and I'm having difficulties in G68.2 simulation.

Here is my setup

MTB definition.pngchannel configuration.pngchain configuration.png

I have made a block 100mm x 100mm x 100mm with "engraved" faces to simulate code that runs on a real machine.

home pos.pngAll axes homeB-45 C90.png
B-90 C90.png

I have attched the programs that I run on each face

When I run program for face A and Face E I get  "No possible solution for rotary axis due to axis limit" error. Other faces run properly. The same error I get when I make some flat millings and I post process them with the sim06_mill_5ax post (both from Post Builder and Post Configurator).

If I replace the machine with the sim06_mill_5ax, everything is perfect. I also changed the limits of the B axis of the sim06_mill_5ax from [0 ~ 120] to [-95 ~ 5] still works.

In my machine it only works if I set the limits of B axis to [-95 ~ 95] but of course it works on the x minus side of the table. It looks like the faces that are in X plus do not tilt the B axis to X plus side of the machine table.

After many hours of changing numerous things and varations, it looks like it is a bug (very very unlikely) or it is so simple that sits in front of my eyes (very likely).  So I need your fresh eyes!

Thanks for the long reading

μὴ μου τοὺς κύκλους τάραττε! - Noli turbare circulos meos !
4 REPLIES

Re: Fanuc G68.2 "No possible solution for rotary axis due to axis limit"

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Check limits for rotary axis. Not only in NX kinematic model, but in mcf and ccf files. Later I can send exact names for vars or you can find these names inside pdf in NX samples ootb folder. And check vars with axis vectors.

sim06.png

Legend
Legend
Hello

Try to setup the Axis Soft Limit fro the fifth axis ( C ) from -100/100 to -360 / 360 degree.

regards

Solution Partner Creator

I have already checked about these vars.

Nice to say that you can watch them "live" in the Excecution View of the sim panel

exec_view.png

Thanks for the reply

Solution Partner Creator
Yes that's it

It worked as expected.
That's definitely a bug. When you say unlimited you mean unlimited.
Strange thing is that in sim6 example the limits are +-100 ... and it works
Thank you very much, I spent too many hours (that's not bad, you learn a lot) on this problem.

Learn online

Solution Information