cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fault in robotic CAM generation

Creator
Creator

Hello

There is a mismatch between graphic and position of tool path in the cam robotic.

In robotic cad/cam by positioner (for example machining a cylinder's face) when we machining a outer side of a cylinder the tool is fix but tool path parameter is variable (X,Y,Z,i,j,k).

but in the milling cad/cam situation is difference. in graphic simulation tool is fix and parameter of tool path (X,Y,Z,B,C) is fix too.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES

Re: Fault in robotic CAM generation

Creator
Creator

Hi

simulation and program are difference

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Hello Meysam,

As I see in your attached pictures and the movie, you try to compare different things.

1. The NC code of the milling machine is written in Cartesian coordinates (XYZBC) Milling 5axes.png

2. The NC code of the robot is written in polar coordinates or as a vector (XYCIJK) Robot.png

3. NX currently has a core limitation of 5 axes. Your robot example has 7 axes (6
    Robots and 1 positioner) For this reason, all axes are calculated in the postprocess with NX CAM Robotics
    Phytenscript. In the simulation, only the toolpath is simulated (with 5 axes) !!! This is not
    CSE simulation with machine code !!! In NX So you see in the window the internally generated toolpath  

and Not the NC code which the robot will drive with the postprocessor output !!!! As already mentioned
    6 and 7 axis, there is internally not yet!

4. If you would build the robot example with Sinumerikcontroler and a VNCK simulation, then
    You get a more precise simulation based on the NC code of the robot. But the
    toolpath simulation would still look the same. CSE Simulation possibilities for other robot controler
    may be available in the future. Also an extension of the NX core to more
    as 5 axes is conceivable. Today we do not have it.

I hope my answer triggers your confusion.
We are working on better and clearer simulations for NX CAM Robotics. For RUN MY ROBOT SINUMERIK wie have already VNCK!!!

Best regards,

Sebastian

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter
Please see my reply to your first question from ‎06-12-2017 12:59 AM

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Hi Meysam,

Is your question resolved now or are there still issues you want to clarify?

Yours,

Eddy Finaro
NX CAM Product Manager
Siemens PLM

Creator
Creator
Hi dear sir
Unfortunately I couldn't solve the problem and I hope to improve the
robotic cam in next version of NX.
Thanks

Learn online