cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Based Machining, Setting Tool Neck Clearance

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello,

I am working on Feature Based Machining for hole chamfer milling operation. I want to set the tool neck clearance paramter in Path Settings -> Cutting Parameters -> More, but I couldn't find a way to set this parameter either in Conditions or Add-on in MKE. I also taught this operation, but couldn't find the setting of this parameter in it. Is there a way to set this parameter?

Thanks,

Kai

4 REPLIES

Re: Feature Based Machining, Setting Tool Neck Clearance

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Kai,

You are right. That group of holder, shank and neck clearance parameters appears to be missing from the MKE customization.

In that case, all you can do is set the desired values in your template but you won't  be able to set them based on any conditions in the MKE.

Normally, it only takes us a couple of days to add missing parameters. We'll look at that tomorrow and, if everything works as I hope it will, we can email you an updated customization_base.xml that will resolve the problem.

I will keep you posted.

Tom van 't Erve

NX CAM Development

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thanks, Tom. The parameter of Bottom Stock in Feature Geometry -> Cutting Parameters in hole_making.DRILLING operation cannot be set either.

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Kai,

oper.Stock_Floor is the parameter.

It works only if the InProcessFeature's Depth Limit is Blind.

Reinier Capelle

NX CAM Development

NX CAM Machinery and Automation

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thanks, Reinier and Tom. I have received the new customization_base.xml file, and I can find the parameters now.

Regards,

Kai

Learn online

Solution Information