Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Mapping Rule for second decimal place

Builder
Builder

Hi, 

I would like to create a mapping rule that NX just finds Diameters with a second decimal place. 

For example: 16,03 when its a 16,2 Diameter NX should not find the feature. 

Is there a function where i can define that? 

Thank you 

NX 11.0.1.11
4 REPLIES

Re: Feature Mapping Rule for second decimal place

Genius
Genius

Hi Muddi,

Probably you will not be able to do it directly with a mapping rule.

You can create a TCL custom function to do that and afterwards use it in a mapping rule.

Good luck!

NX 11.0.2

Builder
Builder

Hi, 

thank you for replying. What is a TCL custom function and where can I find this ? 

NX 11.0.1.11

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I would suggest to read through the entire MKE help to get an overview of what is possible.

Since the MKE help is more a tutorial you should go through the examples and try them, so you get a better feeling. Taking a MKE class is more or less mandatory if you like to get into it deeper.MKE Help TopicsMKE Help Topics

You should create your own function library on the functions tab and place your Tcl functions there.

Reading the MKE help is a good start here too.MKE functions tabMKE functions tabHope this helps as a start.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX12.0

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Genius
Genius

Muddi, follow the advice of Stefan Pendl.

Reading the MKE Training manual will give you an overview of the MKE capabilites. The document is merely introductory but  it will help you to get in touch with the MKE.

A function is a TCL code that allows you to do anlysys, calculus, filter, whatever you want... of data that you cannot do directly in a Machining Rule, Mapping Rule or Add on. 

You can find more information about this in the Chapter 6 "External Functions using TCL" of the MKE training manual.

Good luck!

NX 11.0.2

Learn online

Solution Information