Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Teaching attributes for hole on a Cylinder

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello,

I have the following Feature wich I want to teach. I have a Problem with

some PMIs. The only PMI which is transfered to the MKE as attribute, is the Diameter. I am

sure it is because of the "eliptic" Chamfer. Hope you can help me here - Thank you.

snip_20180320123656.png

NX 11.0.1.11
2 REPLIES

Re: Feature Teaching attributes for hole on a Cylinder

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

The issue is that the associated objects of your PMI must either be faces or edges of the feature.

Looking at your DEPTH, it is referencing two points. You must change the associated objects to edges instead.

The real problem however is that your top chamfer (which is modeled using an edge chamfer) is represented as a Bspline surface and not as a cone. This is why the OOTB feature recognition doesn't find it. Please realize that you can only machine this "chamfer" using a 3-axis milling operation. You can't countersink or chamfer mill this specific geometry. To get a real conical surface, you need to subtract a cone and not use an edge chamfer in this very specific situation.

Tom van 't Erve

NX CAM Development

Re: Feature Teaching attributes for hole on a Cylinder

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Then I have modeled the chamfer wrong. I will try to subtract a cone to create the chamfer.

After this ,the OOTB should recognize the feature with the chamfer as a STEP1HOLE, I hope. 

Thank you Smiley Happy 

NX 11.0.1.11

Learn online

Solution Information