Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Feature recognition taking into account the blank-geometry

Hello!

I have a question to feature recognition. Is it possible to take into account the blank-geometry for the recognition. Example: I have a blank geometry with a precast hole in it. If I want to manufacture it it's not necessary to drill a hole, I instantly can start with a hole mill-operation. The only chance that I know is to give a "User Defined" "Start Diameter" for the feature.

Other ideas?

Thanks for your answers.
Werner

5 REPLIES

Re: Feature recognition taking into account the blank-geometry

Which NX release?

Starting with NX 9 the operation will take the IPW into account.

The feature process doesn't have access to the IPW.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Hallo Werner,

The answer is no. It's not yet possible to take the blank geometry into account during feature recognition. We have an existing ER-7515041 for this enhancement request.

At the moment you will need to use a "User Defined" "Start Diameter" for the feature.

Tom van 't Erve

NX CAM development

Hello Tom,

thank you for the answer. I can accept this. Do you have a plan for the ER?

Werner

Hallo Werner,

We know what we would have do technically to address this Enhancement Request (this functionality was available earlier on the Tecnomatix platform). It requires:

- Feature Recognition on the blank/casting model

- Establishing a link between features in the part and the blank model(s)

- Using the corresponding blank feature as "start" situation both for both the FBM rules and for the interactive hole programming so that there is no more need anymore for manual definition of a start diameter (or for removing an unwanted, automatically generated pre-drilling operation).

This enhancement request is however certainly not at the top of our to-do list. So no clear plan at the moment.

Tom van 't Erve

NX CAM development

[ Edited ]

jobe wrote:
Do you have a plan for the ER?

Ask GTAC to add you to the ER, so the request count is increased to get it higher in the list Smiley Wink

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Learn online

Solution Information