Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feed Rate Doesn't Remain constant in HeidenHain 5 Axis program while using TCPM or M128 code.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @jussi @thomasfeind and all

i am trying to machine a workpiece which is a 5 Axis Job. I am using Skymaster 5 Axis machine with HeidenHain control.

With the code M128 or Function TCPM my machine doesn't run on the constant feed rate which i given as 250mm/min.

It runs on below the said feedrate and remain veriable i.e 30mm/min to 150mm/min while using A-Axis and C-Axis.

Effects of this slow feed rate is a consumption of a lot of time.

For example if Nx Estimates time for a workpiece 30minuts my machine will take 2 hours for machining the same workpiece.

My questions are for you guys 

How i can keep constant feedrate while machining a workpiece(5Axis)  in Heidenhain control?

Is there any option in NX cam to keep feedrate constant for using Heidenhain control?ssdsdd.JPGTool path for machining which is purely 5 aixs program

AAA.JPGHeidenhain Control.JPGssdsdd.JPG

10 REPLIES

Re: Feed Rate Doesn't Remain constant in HeidenHain 5 Axis program while using TCPM or M128 code.

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi,

to keep the feedrate constant you should use F CONT in TCPM function.

Some better explanation you can find in the documentation of Heidenhain.

So for NX the post needs an option to output the F CONT, if you are using Post Configurator this can be done easily by a property. If use Post Builder or other kind of post i would prefer an UDE.

Hope this helps.

Heidehain_feed.png2017-12-25 12_48_24-TNC 640 (SW 34059x-04).png

Re: Feed Rate Doesn't Remain constant in HeidenHain 5 Axis program while using TCPM or M128 code.

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

hi

M128 , tcpm - tcpm is good to avoid using automatic rapid in bigger rotary axis moves/jumps. Jumps because machine wants to maintain for example F250.

But you should use in tcpm F CONT (contour) in this case.

But It is maybe just speed of linear machine components.

Feedrate on display is not so correct as we suppose.

Do tests.

tcpm is able to control tool axis with vector interpolating. It is better.

! tcpm with path ctrl vector - be carefull because if you have in program for example A0C0 and then A0C180 , machine wont rotate. Depends on machine parameters.

---------------------------------------------
#♫ PB, 5ax, itnc, nx, vericut ♫ #

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

hi  @ThomasJ 

as you said

"So for NX the post needs an option to output the F CONT, if you are using Post Configurator this can be done easily by a property"

my postprocessor is post configrator based. I couldn't found the option to ouput the F CONT, can you please tell me how to do this in detail.

I am attaching a screen shot, where i was trying to find this option.SDSD.JPG

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

hi @Juraj

thanks for reply 

As you said

"

tcpm is able to control tool axis with vector interpolating. It is better.

! tcpm with path ctrl vector - be carefull because if you have in program for example A0C0 and then A0C180 , machine wont rotate. Depends on machine parameters"

1) Is it compulsory to set TCPM with path ctrl vector while using F CONT (contour).whats wrong If i use path ctrl axis with F CONT??? 

2)  On machine where i do find this parameter???

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@ThomasJ

I have one more question if i use TCPM F CONT

the control will follow the feed rate given in block ,what will the feed rate be in remaining blocks.

Heidenhain post processors generates F(Feed rate code) only once ,besides TCPM mode rest of blocks follows the same feed rate. 

In TCPM F CONT scenerio ,is it necessary to write feed rate with every block to kee[ the feed rate constant?

Capture.JPG

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

hi,

It was only some offtopic about pathctrl vector.

I just want to say some information about pathctrl vector:

it is better but I met some case where it was dangerous to me. 

Let say some unexpected strange move.

There shouldnt be compulsory to set it with F cont/tcpm. 

2. parameter to fix this strange move:

to force rotating C (in case Ive mentioned in my comment above) some parameter MP7.... I cant remember.

Because the machine behaviour was different to M128 in my tests.

M128 rotates what you tell it. In my tests tcpm didnt. 

example of problem\strange move:

tcpm pathctrl vec

1. A0 C0

2. A0 C180 - only virtual rotation, machine wasnt moving.

3. A1 - machine moved A1C180, because virtual rotation wasnt able to rotate to A1 C180

- this behaviour could be affected by that MP... parameter.

Not sure because some technician just mentioned it some time ago.

But with parameters it is not so simple. 

In general tcpm with F setting and PATHCTRL setting is better than M128.

Or let say it is M128 with larger options.

---------------------------------------------
#♫ PB, 5ax, itnc, nx, vericut ♫ #

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi,

in the OOTB libraries is no standard implementation of this kind of feed mode for TCPM. Customization of the post is necessary here. What i mean with easily is to create a new property for this to switch that easily in the UI.2017-12-26 10_24_04-Post Configurator - [sim08_mill_5ax_tnc.psc].jpg

Therefore you need a Tcl-implemtation and change the Buffer sequence for the Simultaneous_init.

2017-12-26 10_27_24-Edit Post Configurator File - D__Siemens_NX11.0_mach_resource_library_machine_in.jpg

Now this property is visible in the UI of Post Configurator and you can manipulate the Buffer for that now. So in Debugging mode you'll see that this Buffer (comment out in the picture) is used:

2017-12-26 10_27_39-Edit Post Configurator File - D__Siemens_NX11.0_mach_resource_library_machine_in.jpg

To call our own routine replace the Tag with your own proc or use the new Buffer commands introduced with library version 4.2.2. Unsure which version of Post Configurator you are using.

Then build in your logic for the TCPM Mode. I recognized that we are using a hardcoded MOM_output_literal in the OOTB libraries. I will put this as an enhancement in our list for one of the next library releases.

But for your case you can use it also with the hardcoded "MOM_output_literal" or just create 2 new Blocktemplates.

2017-12-26 10_27_48-Edit Post Configurator File - D__Siemens_NX11.0_mach_resource_library_machine_in.jpg

2017-12-26 10_28_16-Edit Post Configurator Definition File.jpg

I would prefer the way of Blocktemplates.

Attached the service file and the def-file from the Def-file editor.

To your second question regarding the Feed values in each line. I just try it in the Trainings software from Heidenhain and the Feedrate is modal over all Blocks. So it's not necessary to output the Feedrate for each line. But i am not a Heidenhain expert, so maybe it will works Smiley Wink.

Best regards

Thomas

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @ThomasJ i have added TCPM mode function in my post configrator by following your instruction.

But now the problem is when i want to post a operation an Nx returns an error 

See the snap shotTCPM function Error.JPG

(view in My Videos)

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@ThomasJ and @Juraj 

Hi

I have tried TCPM FCONT PATHCTRL AXIS  physically on my machine . but it is showing the same behaviour as FTCP .

On dislplay also it is still showing veriable but below then given feed rate.

I think there is a limit set in my tilt Axis. 

Due to this limit my machine doesn't move at faster feedrate i guess.

Learn online

Solution Information