Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Fetching value from Operation Information template in NX CAM to Post (For retract & Clearance Plane)

Is it possible to fetch values from the operation information template i.e template type, minimum clearance, clearance plane etc into our post with the use of variables?

Operation information-NX CAMOperation information-NX CAMI tried with mom_template_type & mom_template_subtype which worked perfectly fine.But with clearance plane(Active,Inactive) or minimum clearance plane, i am unable to fetch values.

I want to show if clearance is active or inactive.Similarly for retract.

kindly suggest any ways to do it.

Thanks

6 REPLIES

Re: Fetching value from Operation Information template in NX CAM to Post (For retract & Clearanc

I would post with the review tool and search the debug file For example:

Var: mom_clearance_plane_usage = 1
Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Re: Fetching value from Operation Information template in NX CAM to Post (For retract & Clearanc

Thanks Mark for the guidance. Can you please help me to understand when the value should be 1 or 0?I did not understand it from the post as every time i was getting '1' as output for the variable. Thank You.

The best way to know what the mom variable values mean is to compare them. Post your operation with the review tool and the clearance plane active. Then change the clearance plane to inactive and post again. Now compare the two debug files. 

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Hi Mark

Thanks for your reply.

Actually i checked the same way as you mentioned ,with and without clearance plane, but i got '1' as output.Maybe i should check it once again and will come out with the output.

Thanks.

Mark just showed an example, the variable holding the information could be a different one.

If you compare the two debug files from each run, what is the difference?

Use something like WinDiff or WinMerge to compare the files, even for Notepad++ is a compare add-on available.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Hi Stefan

Thanks for your insight.I am currently doing the same with WinMerge & trying to find a solution.

It relly helped me to understand many of the variables which could be useful.

Learning never stops!!

Thank you.

Learn online

Solution Information