cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File -> New Template for Manufacturing

Genius
Genius

Hi,

I have created a file new template for a cam setup. Currently, the user uses some software that creates a copy of the cam setup template part and starts programming.

Now, there is the need to integrated the very same cam setup template with File -> New... .

I have done this many times before. But this cam setup template has a plate with 2 components inside that is already added.

For the dummy part that gets replaced by the part to be machined I have set the CAM_COMPONENT_TYPE attribute on the Component level to "Target".

For the plate component I have tried three approaches all leading to the same error message during File -> New... .

• used no CAM_COMPONENT_TYPE
  • used CAM_COMPONENT_TYPE=Resource (as stated somewhere in the NX help)
  • used CAM_COMPONENT_TYPE=MachineTool (as used in another cam setup template I have not created)

There are some specials in this cam setup template:

It already has 2 probing operations with a solid tool inside.

Set Machining Data is set to automatic. For the 2 probing operations Set Machining Data complains there is no Part Material defined.

The error message I get is the following:

Open.png

The funny thing is this is one of the two parts from within and its real name is GROB....prt without the prefix "setup".

When the File -> New... workflow is done the file mentioned in the message above is loaded and the cam setup assembly looks fine. I can´t accept such an error message, but I am getting really annoyed about the **bleep**%$*#&! mechanism not working.

Does anyone have a hint that could guide me in the right direction?

Thanks a lot.

Joachim on NX10.0.1.4

Best wishes,
Joachim

In production NX 11.0.1.11 D3
2 REPLIES

Re: File -> New Template for Manufacturing

Genius
Genius

When the file setupGROB_PALK801-1000-400-1041_DC.prt exists in the directory of ugraf.exe, it works without error.

Best wishes,
Joachim

Re: File -> New Template for Manufacturing

Genius
Genius

Hi,

I got it.

One of the probing operations had a reference to the geometry of a component that does not exist anymore. The file name really was setupGROB....prt . I recreated the operation and it works.

Sorry to bother you.

Best wishes,
Joachim

Learn online

Solution Information