Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding the NX license server

Legend
Legend

Hi,

again, I am afraid being in the wrong forum, but couldn't find a better one.

Until recently I was sure NX finds the NX license server via the SPLM_LICENSE_SERVER environment variable.

Is this still true even for NX1872?

Best wishes,

Joachim

Best wishes,
Joachim

In production NX 12.0.1.7 MP4
In testing NX 12.0.2.9 MP5
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Finding the NX license server

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @JSchraitle !

Sorry for the late reply, but I just noticed your posting (I normally monitor the Design list but was talking to one my colleagues who supports your site this morning about a licensing topic, so I wanted to post a reply in case it helps).

Yes, NX still uses the SPLM_LICENSE_SERVER variable.

However, for a few releases now (maybe since ~NX 9)it has also supporting a setting in the Registry for this, similar to how it handles supporting 2 methods for Bundle settings.

The setting is NX_SERVER.

You can set it directly, but normally it gets set using the Licencing Tool GUI, and selecting Edit...

I have to admit I only recently became aware this myself (and I do a lot of support of Licensing questions), while helping GTAC with a customer question about that method, so I am guessing few customers are aware of it either.

I know your very setup well from my many on-site visits, and assume that continuing to use the ENV method, from a centeral IT location is going to work best, rather than have each client Registry set it.

If you want to talk in more detail, feel free to PM me or have one of my colleagues setup a call.

Re: Finding the NX license server

Legend
Legend
Hi @PatMcManus,

you know, when using our official NX Installation along with NX EVP installations for testing on the same machine, it can become quite confusing.
The Licensing Tool does not really help in an Enterprise Environment.

Thanks for your Input.
Best wishes,
Joachim

In production NX 12.0.1.7 MP4
In testing NX 12.0.2.9 MP5

Learn online

Solution Information