Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

First NX project, couple of pics and thanks to our local support

Just for your enjoyment.. 

Here's the reason we switched; our old CAM just couldn't make this part. The part is a front plate of a measuring device, size c. 340x140x30mm. Material is 5083. The part has plenty of difficult 3D surfaces, a tight flatness spec. and various other goodies.

NX has done an outstanding job here, but I have to say that the learning curve has been steep. Took about a week to get it done but I did start with no knowledge of the system. Many thanks to our local rep's support team, their help and service has been second to none.

Harri

4 REPLIES

Re: First NX project, couple of pics and thanks to our local support

Nice part, looks like you really pushed the feedrates too! For a week with a brand new system I would say is pretty good, NX being hard to learn I think is something of a myth, but then again I haved used so many CAM systems that quirks no longer bother me (much).

Top work!

Thanks for sharing your pics. It's always nice to read good news from our customers.
Who provided your support? Sounds like they got you off to a good start.
Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Thanks Mark, support was from Jussi and Teemu. I pushed them hard and they delivered Smiley Wink

Harri 

[ Edited ]

Adrian; yes, pushed the tools really hard. There's still a little tweaking to be done (mostly removing burrs), but otherwise I'll be running as seen in the pics. 

Harri

Learn online

Solution Information