Did you mean: 

Floor/Wall

Creator
Creator

I want finish pocket floor and wall with a single cutter. My requirements are

1) Finish floor first

2) Finish wall with Cut Comp enabled

3) Tool not lifting in between floor and wall finish

I am trying to accomplish this with Floor_Wall template. Refer to the attached images. The issues I am facing are

1) Floor finishing is Okay but tool lifts for wall finishing

2) For wall finishing with cut comp it is ignoring start points. No matter where I define the start point it alwayes engages at the corner it is engaging now!!.

Using planar_mill also gives similar results.

How do I solve these issues. I am using NX11.0.0.33 and have tried this on 10.03 also with same results.

6 REPLIES

Re: Floor/Wall

PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend
PLM World Member Legend

You can use a Region start point - i ussually use effective distance none- to influence the start position. If NX cannot calculate the toolpath with this start point than an appropriate location is choosen closest to your point, this may not be your ideal location so you can tweak your point to get a better result.

See added file.

floorwall.pngfloorwall2.png

Patrick Delisse
KMWE - DutchAero
NX11.0, CAMPOST V22, Vericut 8.1

Legend
Legend

On a big complex part where I know I will have a lot of pocketing or a lot of the same strategy I'll build geometry groups to define the pocket or shape.

Then you can have a rough path, finish floor path, finish wall pass with all your parameters and just drag and drop into each pocket.

Or copy and paste the geometry group and define other stock.

I wish Siemens would allow us variables to input into these fields so you could mass edit program groups super easily.

Variable 101 = stepover finish floor path

Could update 100 paths

NX11.0.1

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

The reason why it's lifting is because the floor is not yet finished, if you noticed the small region on the upper right.

You can try specifying a very small Finish Stepover for the Finish Pass. This gives the cutter more room to go into the small area and stay on the floor. Once it goes in, the finish pass should honor the specified start point but typically it should connect directly.

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Siemens is planning to allow using expressions in CAM. We are also looking into mass editing where parameters of multiple selected operations of the same type can be edited in one shot. The release date is not yet set but it is planned for the coming year.

Creator
Creator

I was specifying a point on the wall as region start point, probably this is what was causing it to ignore this point. When I specified a point in the middle of the floor it worked as desired.

Thanks

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi Oliver
I have often wondered why the use of expressions has never been available in CAM since it is such a powerful feature in modelling. This is feature that look forward to using. Multiple editing of operations will also be valuable

Keith Irvine

Learn online

Solution Information