Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Floor and Wall Generation time

Phenom
Phenom

@Salvador_P

I have not noticed any other significant issues. NX11 had a very slow display of the tools and I would key through the "tool navigator." That issue seems better in NX12. 

One small issue in NX12 I have noticed, is sometimes the graphics will not refresh even when I hit "refresh (F5)" I have to use the "Regenerate Work" command instead. Sometimes a toolpath will get stuck on the screen, or the highlighted faces of selected geometry in an operation will not clear when opening a new operation. 

I do not use FBM much since my parts/features vary greatly, so I can not comment much on that. 

Glenn Balon
Production: NX 12.0.2 MP10 Primarily CAM

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@Salvador_P wrote:

A few weeks ago I reached the GTAC due to the poor performance of the Floor Wall operation when using FBM, though I would not expect a similar performance in non-FBM ops.

FBM is just the tool to fill out the settings of an operation. If you use the same template part and template operation, you should not notice any differences between an automatically versus a manually created operation of the same kind with the exact same settings.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.2, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4
Development: C (ITK), .NET, Tcl/Tk Testing: NX12.0 | AWC 3.4 Preparing: NX12.0

Employees of the customers, together we are strong Smiley Wink
How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
NX Customization - Best Practice Guide

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

If it takes 20 minutes all of a sudden, then this is most likely a bug you should report to GTAC.

Although this is not related to generating tool path, there is another Customer Default for the Floor and Wall Milling Preview. If you work on large parts it is recommended to turn it off. Manufacturing --> Operation --> General --> Preview --> Floor and Wall Milling Preview

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@oliversing wrote:
If you work on large parts it is recommended to turn it off. Manufacturing --> Operation --> General --> Preview --> Floor and Wall Milling Preview

Changing this will only affect newly created operations, so you will have to manually disable it for existing ones.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.2, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4
Development: C (ITK), .NET, Tcl/Tk Testing: NX12.0 | AWC 3.4 Preparing: NX12.0

Employees of the customers, together we are strong Smiley Wink
How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
NX Customization - Best Practice Guide

Learn online

Solution Information