Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forcing tool change in NX ISV Lathe simulation

Hello,

I have made customized VTL machine with G-code simulation following the samples in NX 10.0.3 and our 3D machine model.

Everything works great, the turret rotates nice selecting the correct tool with the correct tool length.

BUT the problem is how to get rid of M6 in the program. M6 calls the subroutine "ToolChange.prg"

But the machine is with old Fanuc 21T and does not want M6 - only T0101 for example. If I remove M6 from the PP the simulation does not perform tool change.

Is there a way to call tool change when the simulation reach T"""" with an AC language commands in the "...ini file" under "cse_driver".

Thank you !

5 REPLIES

Re: Forcing tool change in NX ISV Lathe simulation

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello,

what you need to do is to customize the T meta code in the Machine Configurator and call the subprogram at the end like usually done in M6. e.g. like htis:

2017-12-12 09_10_30-XML Notepad - C__Users_schulz_AppData_Local_Temp_re_mc_tp_1513066087147.xml_.png

Thomas Schulz
Siemens PLM
Manufacturing Engineering Software

Thomas,

Thank you !

The problem is we do not have a license for Machine configurator, so I am trying to play as much as I am allowed with manipulating the Post processor made by PostBuilder (not Post Configurator), the ... ini file and the ToolChange.prg file. And the result is very close to what we need.

I would like to know more about Machine Configurator but do not believe the management will invest in this direction soon.

Regards !

Stefan

Solution Partner Innovator Solution Partner Innovator
Solution Partner Innovator

It can not be added to the existing setting value of T.

T1.jpg

tttt.jpg

Therefore, the above method can not be operated.

Please let me know how to add it.

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

You first need to copy the T meta code from the CCF into your current MCF to overwrite it there.

To copy it first select the source "FanucFamily.CCF" then do  a right mouse buttom on the T metacode and copy into current file. You need to have at least one group inside the commads ofyour current meta codes.2018-04-12 16_56_44-Machine Configurator - [D__Siemens_NX12.0_mach_resource_library_machine_installe.png

Thomas Schulz
Siemens PLM
Manufacturing Engineering Software

Learn online

Solution Information