Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Function for regeneate tool paths

Hello!

We are testing NX10.0.3 and I found the function that detects whether a toolpath has to be regenerated or not if I want to generate the toolpath for more operations. The system shows a message when one or more toolpathes were not regenerated:

I find it's a very good function. The only problem is that UserCycles (e.g. Janus) are not recognized if they were changed. NXCAM allways "thinks" that it's up-to-date.

Is there a way to implement, that UserCycles allways will be regenerated?

Werner

6 REPLIES

Re: Function for regeneate tool paths

What is the edit status of the operation before you generate the group - Regenerate / Repost / Complete?

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

The edit-staus can be

- Need to Post (yellow exclamation mark)

- Complete (green checkmark)

NXCAM does not recognize that the UserCycle was changed since the last generating of the toolpath.

Werner

[ Edited ]

jobe wrote:

The edit-staus can be

- Need to Post (yellow exclamation mark)

- Complete (green checkmark)

NXCAM does not recognize that the UserCycle was changed since the last generating of the toolpath.

Werner

If the operation was generated in the current software version, the tool path will only be regenerated if the operation status is Regenerate.

It sounds like "UserCycle" is a User Defined Operation, controlled by the API.

I would talk to Janus, to see if they can set the status to regenerate when needed.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Mark, you are right.

UserCycle is a User Defined Operation, controlled by API.

We are already have a look into this integration that User Cycle is also able to support this feature soon.
Hesitate not to contact us, you did it already Werner Smiley Wink.

Uwe Roosz

JANUS Engineering AG

[ Edited ]

Hello!

I got an answer from Janus:

We have looked at the problem again and we can not offer a solution here. UserCycle is not compatible with the NX function and there is currently no way to change the behavior.
A UserCycle operation is a custom MillUser operation with a callback DLL from us. The user inputs are made in UDEs in the customized operation mask. This has been solved so as to achieve the greatest possible adaptability. These UDEs can be modified, removed, and added by any user. The inputs are processed in TCL scripts that are triggered by the Callback DLL (UserCycle.dll).
However, the callback DLL is only started by NX when the operation is generated, or the user clicks the "User Parameters" button within the operating mask.
A change in a UDE of an operation does not currently trigger any notification / event in NX that can intercept the DLL. Thus, UserCycle can not be notified by NX that the operation status must be set to "red".

Sorry, this is not what I wanted to hear. My question to SIEMENS now: Is there a way to generally create MillUser operations, even if the "Force Regenerate" option is not set?

I think there are many customers that use Janus-UserCycle. They all will have the same problem. It would be a pity if JANUS and SIEMENS wouldn't find a solution. You are partners !!!

[ Edited ]

jobe wrote:

Sorry, this is not what I wanted to hear. My question to SIEMENS now: Is there a way to generally create MillUser operations, even if the "Force Regenerate" option is not set?

I think there are many customers that use Janus-UserCycle. They all will have the same problem. It would be a pity if JANUS and SIEMENS wouldn't find a solution. You are partners !!!

We can make a change so that user defined operations are always treated as if Force Regenerate is on. Have Janus log a PR or ER, and put "rief" in the email notification, or send me the number, so I can escalate it.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Learn online

Solution Information