Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G code simulation in NX

Creator
Creator

Hello,

i created a 2 Axis lathe machine (the name is CMZ_TURN_2AX) and everything works fine including the tool path simulation except for when i try to simulate the g code there's only one option: Tool Path Simulate (see pictures).

Also when i try to post process my program it shows an error (see picture below) and i think those two errors are related

i followed Post Building Techniques - Electronic Activities, Post Building Techniques Electronic Activities, December 2013, MT11060 -- Post Builder NX 9 to create the machine, what do you think i did wrong?

2 REPLIES

Re: G code simulation in NX

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hello,

to simulate with G-code it's not enough to just create the post. You have to tell NX that you have a new kit and point to the kinmetics model and the postprocessor of this kit.

It's a little bit older but it's more or less the same in actual NX versions. Take a look in Chapter 2 from following Tech Tip.

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Tech-Tips-Knowledge-Base-NX-Manufacturing/Customize-...

Best regards

Thomas

Re: G code simulation in NX

Creator
Creator

Hello Thomas,

That was very helpful, thank you, i'm able now to find the ''simulate G code'' feature, i'm getting errors though but that's another matter for another topic

Learn online

Solution Information