Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G31

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hello! 

This topic have not direct relation to NX, but now I working for MAZAK e1060 postprocessor with measuring cycles, later I will show some results.

But now I have one question-problem.

My measuring part - in G54 (56, 55 not so important). For measuring motion I translate and rotate this coordinate system to target point with G68.2  and use G31 (with G43, of course) for probing. Ok, probe make few ding-ding and I can use #5061, #5062, #5063 etc. The question is: this values is coordinates for which point? Probe tip? Ruby ball center? Bottom plane of spindle? Pivot point of head? And - in WHICH COORDINATE SYSTEM. I know - not in the rotated and translated G54.. 

Do you have any same expirience?  

5 REPLIES

Re: G31

Are you using the Renishaw software or just a G31 line? 

Jake Hardwick
CNC Programmer
Senior Aerospace AMT
Production NX8.5.3.3 Beta testing NX10.0.1.4

PLM World Member Pioneer PLM World Member Pioneer
PLM World Member Pioneer

Hi,

The values stored in the skip read variables (#5061, #5062, etc.) after a G31 move are relative to the pivot point of B-axis head in the active coordinate system (G54, G55 etc. + shift). I am not sure how G68.2 affects these coordinates as I have not done any testing with it.

/Erlend

Solution Partner Phenom

Thank you, esn! I have a same results after testing. In this case (when I measure bore or boss with B<>0) I need algorithm to calculate 3points circle radius and center. Now I can do it, tor 3 points from B-Head I can calc R and XcYcZc for center circle. Of course - I must to recalc it to unrotated BC CSYS. 

Thank you in any case!!

Solution Partner Phenom

I have new information from my Mazak friends and from users manual. #5161..#5116 return skip signal in rotated after g68.

I will check it.

Pioneer
Pioneer
Spoiler

I check it on MAZAK e1060, for G31 and G68.2, one moment, #5161 and #5162 return X and Y for probe tip, but #5163 return Z for pivot point B HEAD.

Learn online

Solution Information