Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G43.4 rotational datum shift g54.4 p1(workpiece error correction)

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi , we are currently working with a mazak integrex i400 millturn.The project is 5 axis porting of cylinder heads.Although G68.2 compensates a rotional shift it is a fixed axis op.

G43.4 is for 5 axis and works spot on, but needs to be on m/c centreline when rotating c axis to new position.This means positioning job to m/c c/line or moving cad data to incorporate relevant shift req'd......(time consuming).........

will G54.4 P1 compensate for offset of m/c zero??

toolmaker, Senior CAM engineer
2 REPLIES

Re: G43.4 rotational datum shift g54.4 p1(workpiece error correction)

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

I am not sure if this is the problem but G43.4 works for me fine on i700 when I change parameter F85.

---------------------------------------------
#♫ PB, 5ax, itnc, nx, vericut ♫ #

Re: G43.4 rotational datum shift g54.4 p1(workpiece error correction)

Phenom
Phenom
I have not tried this on a Mazatrol yet. The idea with both G68.2 and G54.4 is that they should take your part program and move it (transform both XYZ and angles about them.) Then with G43.4 active - the tool vector should honor that transformation (in addition to the tooltip XYZ.) G68.2 without G43.4 is a tilted working plane function which is normally what people think about (fixed prismatic machining.) The Mazatrol implementation may not support the G68.2 with G43.4 but applications told me that G54.4 with TCP is supported - and is the intended use of G54.4 (some features will not work out of G43.4.)
NX12.02
Windows 10 Pro

Learn online

Solution Information