Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G68.2 CANNOT BE FORCE OUT

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

HI Expert,

I have created a post for 5 axis machine. I have a problem posting G68.2.

Enclosed is a post and program. If I post floor wall 2 & floor wall 3 in sequence . The program for floor wall3 will not have G68.2 . If I put in between FloorWall 2 & FloorWall3 a program with a differen MCS. The G68.2 will appear. I am having trouble fixing this code. I have Attached post and program. Thank You.

Best Regards,

Edwin

9 REPLIES

Re: G68.2 CANNOT BE FORCE OUT

Genius
Genius

Hello @Edwin_DTS

I see that you have created your own G68.2 line using "B" and "C" rotations instead of "I","J" and "K" vectors , as I understand it G68.2 is a Vector rotation method that also requires G53.1 to be set directly below it but I may be wrong for your application.

Take a look at the SIM08 sample FANUC post processor shipped with NX as this will show you the format required for G68.2 this also gives you the desired output on your sample part although not 100% for you.

C:*Your*install*path\MACH\resource\library\machine\installed_machines\sim08_mill_5ax\postprocessor\fanuc

Good luck

Regards

Dave
NX10.0.3MP13
NX11.0.1
Production
TC10
Vericut 7.3,7.4.1,8.0.2

Solution Partner Creator

Hi CAM Jockey,

Thank for your reply . This machine is Hurco controller and could not read the position for IJK for default G68 or G68.2. It can read but the position is out.Then G53.1 is replace with B and C also.  I can find the location by using angle that why i customize the post accordingly.

I manage to find the solution to it . Just add command " reset_all_motion_variable_to_Zero "  it will helps.

Thanks again.

Best Regards,

Edwin

Experimenter
Experimenter

Edwin,

I am also trying to create a post for a HURCO 5 axis machine and having to same issue when posting G68.2.

I see you solution is to  "Just add command " reset_all_motion_variable_to_Zero "  can you tell me were to put this command. Any information would be great.

Thanks,

Ron

Solution Partner Creator

Hi Ron,

Pleace at the end of path as attached

Best Regards,

Edwin

Experimenter
Experimenter

Edwin,

Thank you for your quick reply. I have added this to my post and it is now posting G68.2 on each operation. I have another issue. I have been trying to convert your post from a B & C to a double table A & C 5 axis post and the issue I'm having now is when I try to input the axis limits in the fourth axis to match machine limits, the post will no longer output the G68.2 or even the correct A & C motions, Please see the attached pic. I have been looking at your custom commands and trying to see if there is a conflict, but my understanding of TCL is limited. Again thank you for your help.

Solution Partner Creator

Hi Ron,

It is difficult to check . But I suspect is the angle . Can you check the B angle and C angle is correct.

Best Regards,

Edwin

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Edwin,

You were correct that is what the problem was. My 3+2 programs paths are working correctly. I have tried a 5 axis path with no luck. I looked at the post under the operation start sequence, there is a command "PB_cmd_detect_tool_path_type" that looks like it uses a UDE to determine if it is a 5 axis path. If this is true can you please tell me what the UDE command is and does it go in the machine control start path events or is there some other way to get the correct output for a 5 axis path. Thanks again for all your help.

Thank you,

Ron

Solution Partner Creator

HI Ron,

The post is good for 3+2 only. The 5 axis movement . I use a heidenhein default post and modify it header and code as of hurco . It will be able to achieve the movement.

Best regards,

Edwin

Experimenter
Experimenter

Edwin,

Thanks for all your help. I will give that a try.

Thanks again,

Ron

Learn online

Solution Information