cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate Tool Path when inside parameters dialog box

Experimenter
Experimenter

I want to generate toolpath when I'm inside the dialog box.

To test different option/parameters.

But the icon is hide away/gray.

Like it is now I need to go back&forth to test different parameters.

generate toolpath.JPG

11 REPLIES

Re: Generate Tool Path when inside parameters dialog box

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

From my understanding only the main dialog page allows to generate the tool path to make sure that the settings of the sub-dialogs are really saved.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX12.0

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Legend
Legend

I think that it is not possible, but you have the possibility of customizing your dialog box (adding functions which is in the parameters of cuts to have directly the generated button), but can be that you already know this solution

@mkn
Production: NX11.0.2.7,VERICUT 7.3.3
Development: Tcl/Tk, Gnuplot
www.deshors-tiremold.com

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello!

To my knowledge in NX11.0.1. there is a new UI:

2017-01-31 15_40_19-EMF UI - PDF-XChange Viewer.png

I think, this is what you want. 

We have been waiting for this opportunity for years. But now we can't use it because this realease does not work in (our) Teamcenter.

Please correct me if that's not true...

Werner

You can only generate from the main operation dialog. When you are in a sub-dialog, such as Non Cutting Moves, the changes you make must be saved by [OK] in the sub-dialog, which returns you to the main dialog. So the trick is to access the NCM settings from the main dialog, without using the sub dialog. There are 2 options that I know of.

With the traditional dialogs, you can add NCM items to the main dialog, such as Open Area. Then you can for example, change the engage type and generate, all from the main dialog. If you find yourself always adjusting the same few items, this is a good option.

ncm_in_main_dialog.jpg

The new explorer dialog layouts also allow you to access NCM settings feom the main dialog, without going to a sub dialog. Going forward, as these are implemented, this should be less of an issue. Here is one user example: 

explorer_ncm_generate.jpg

See that Generate and the other Action buttons are available :*)

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Mark
Is it some settings to "activate" this new explorer view layout as standard for all operations,
or do I need to do customising for every operations ?

Thomas

Legend
Legend

Yeah how do we activate this new explorer

NX11.0.1

Today, the explorer block and nodes are available in customize dialog. This is the first step. There are no OOTB dialogs set up this way yet - that is still being planned. But you are welcome to experiment - there is info in the NX 11.0.1 documentation

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Mark, can you offer us such a template? With the subnodes it's very much work. I tested it with one level like in the documentation described but the next level/subnode isn't clear for me.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello Mark

The customization with the Explorer Nodes is really good but I have just one matter. Because I can't find all

options from dialog box from cutting parameters and Non cutting parameters. (Eg. pre drill pint, smoothing and some more)

That meaning is i can't add this the main window and I need still the buttons for these boxes and I have everything double.

Is there a way where I can find all options that I can include in the main window??

Thank you in advance

NX 11.0.1 MP2

Learn online

Solution Information