Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Parameters for instanced/Transformed toolpaths

Creator
Creator

I transformed a toolpath at an angle of 90 degrees to 4 corners. Say after 1 year , if I need to know the angle I have used for transformation, how to get it in NX?

Kind Regards

Arun 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Get Parameters for instanced/Transformed toolpaths

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

hello

RMB on transformed operation - Information - and search for "instance" but I dont see there transformation parameters you want Smiley Sad only matrix

---------------------------------------------
#♫ PB, 5ax, itnc, nx, vericut ♫ #

Legend
Legend

Been known to use the note feature in the process, under description.

You can write pertinent information here. Great for us with memory issues.

If you turn on the note column you get an icon when there are messages written. Hover over to read them or open up the process, like user events...

process notes.JPG

{Paul Schneider}, {CNC Programmer}, {DRT-Rochester}

Production: {NX11.0.2,MP5, NX12.0.2, MP4}

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

This can be a real challenge. One thing you could do is review the transformed tool path and build some geometry to reference the location of the tool at the transformed location.  You can do this using the Analysis – Measure Distance and set the Results Display to Create Output Geometry.  Now you can create a line through the tool for example.  You could also create CSYS at the face of the tool at some point.  You then could then Right Click on the operation and select Object – Delete Transformation.  Putting the operation back to the original position.  Then re-create the geometry or CSYS at the un-transformed position. Sounds like a lot of extra work to me but you should be able to figure the angle or position. Based on the from and to locations.

John Joyce, Manufacturing Engineer,
Senior Aerospace

NX 11.0.2.7 Vericut 8.0.3 - Statements and opinions are mine alone and do not reflect
the opinion of my employer or any other member of the human race

Creator
Creator

Thanks Paul.

Creator
Creator

Thank you joyce.will try this

Phenom
Phenom

Make a fresh copy of the original operation and regenerate, then delete the transformation and regenerate again, then compare the difference between the two. 

I have noticed the the transformations values from RMB->Information seem to be in the absolute coordinate system, which is confusing. 

Glenn Balon
Production: NX 12.0.2 MP10 Primarily CAM

Learn online

Solution Information