cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Builder for TCL script evaluation is not enabled

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Hello,

I am creating tooling assemblies within resource manager. The last step is to click the 'create/update nx tool assembly part file'. However, when clicking that button, it returns an error stating

Capture.PNG

I have already set NX Graphics Builder in TEM.

I have configuredthe TCL Macro in the advanced installation folder that comes with Teamcenter for MRL.

I have also manually ran the service start_nx_graphicsbuilder.bat.

Nothing seems to get the graphics to run, so I am asking has anyone encountered this error? Also, if I am posting this in the correct forum for suport.

Many thanks guys

7 REPLIES

Re: Graphics Builder for TCL script evaluation is not enabled

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Hi!

Please check in Classification Admin, if the tool assembly class (where the tool is classified) has "TCL Script Evaluation" toggeled to "Yes". You can see this information in the "Hierarchy" tab and there under "Graphics Builder" tab. If it is not: please change it to "Yes". Does this help?

It seems that you are using an old MRL version. In newer versions we have updated this information in MRL.

If needed I can give you a command that updates this info for all tool assembly classes.

Hope this helps...

Markus

Hello,

I went to Classification Admin and set TCL Evaluation script to yes. The value originally was 'not set'.

Capture.PNG

From there I restarted the Teamcenter services and tried building the graphics builder again but recieved the same error. Was there more I need to do from the classification admin side?

Also, I think a script to update all the classification would be very helpful.

Siemens Experimenter

Your screenshot is showing a tool component class.

Please check and change the tool assembly class, where the tool is classified in.

Ahh good point. Ok, so going to the assembly I notice there is no template in the template field.

Capture.PNG

Also, a new error message appeared saying:

Capture1.PNG 

So to conclude, I believe I need a TCL template in order for this to work properly. In the path: D:\Siemens\TC101\TC101_Root\bin\nx_graph\TCL_Create_Graphics, I have an ics_graphicsbuilder.tcl

Could my tcl file be outdated? It was last saved in 2013. Or maybe I need an additional template, or for it to be mapped properly.

Siemens Experimenter

Please check the NXGraphicsBuilder preference.

Is it pointing to "D:\Siemens\TC101\TC101_Root\bin\nx_graph\TCL_Create_Graphics\ics_graphicsbuilder.tcl"?

It should look like this:

NXGraphicsBuilder = 
ActivationMethod:TCE_Activation
CommandLine:D:\scripts\start_nx_graphicsbuilder.bat
ScriptEvaluationPath:D:\Siemens\TC101\TC101_Root\bin\nx_graph\TCL_Create_Graphics
evaluateScript:yes

Normally this configuration is done, when you select the "Configure Graphics Builder" option in the MRL Installer.

I checked the NXGraphicsBuilder preference and it is pointing to D:\Siemens\TC101\TC101_Root\bin\nx_graph\TCL_Create_Graphics\ics_graphicsbuilder.tcl

We have another environment in the office where this feature is working. So I logged into that environement and took the ics_graphicsbuilder.tcl file from there and pasted it into the environment I was working on. It was last changed in 2016 so it is three years more recent/updated.

After that I restarted the services and performed my previous assembly creation steps.

Capture.PNG

It looks to be working. Issue was my tcl file was significantly out of date. Resolution was to paste an updated file and restart the services.

Thanks for your help!

Siemens Experimenter

Good that the problem is now solved and it is working for you! Smiley Happy

To get the latest version of the TCL file, you can also use the MRL Installer.

For example in the Tc 11.3 MRL Installer (and also in earlier versions) there is the option "Configure Graphics Builder".

This option adjusts the NXGraphicsBuilder preference and copies the TCL file.

So long...

Markus

Learn online

Solution Information