Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Guiding Curves

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Happy to read your comments and see the videoSmiley Happy

Containment loops - follow this link.

A native 3X operation will be released with12.0.2 (less than a month..). in case of undercuts This operation will allow to continue the toolpath vertically down on virtual walls ("curtains") below overhanging ledge. rest of the operation is similar to 5X operation (without the 5X tool axis options).

the video is nice. if you can share ones showing more "action" or machining more "exotic cases" that would be cool.   

Yours,

Eddy Finaro
NX CAM Product Manager
Siemens PLM

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thank you. 

I'm already experiencing 3 axis native operation. It will be great.

Videos? I have a lot of them, but I do not have time to share them.
At Instagram i have a lot of videos and all done using NX.

Vladimir Jesensky, CAM, TFM Slovakia

Production: (NX 12.0.02 mp05)
Testing:(EAP1872)
Time is money

Siemens Legend

Thanks for sharing the pictures / videos. I saw a case you use a T-slot tool. we already have development versions using a T-slot with full corner radius working with fixed axis: Guiding Curves with T-slot.png

will be available in the next EAPs and production ready in 1847

it is still Guiding Curves which means that it is not necesarily constant Z height per level. yet, I hope it will be useful.

Yours

Eddy Finaro
NX CAM Product Manager
Siemens PLM

Legend
Legend

Eddy

How much improvement has been made in the 1847 vs the last EAP for NX12? Curious if its worth installing the last EAP for NX12 or just jumping into 1847

Dennis Rathi
Creations Unlimited

Siemens Legend

Hi Dennis,

in 1847 we are running with development full speed ahead, so if you want to keep up with the latest developments - EAP over 1847 would be your choise. 

due to prt compatibility to released versions and for local - last minute fixes we also keep an EAP over 12.0.2, but the goodies are in 1847Smiley Wink

Yours, 

Eddy Finaro
NX CAM Product Manager
Siemens PLM

Legend
Legend

I'm extrememly impressed with it, using it allot on my current project. Seeing only (2) issues. (See below).

Must say I've always wanted an easy "area milling" type process that would zig-zag up a surface following a contour edge.

When using with the tilt tool option the axis avoidance is very minimal (not too much table or head action). Like that I can pick any fixed axis as a starting point.

Many Thanks!!

- On a surface that fades away using tilt tool axis, with a lolli-pop cutter. It seems like the "off the wall" engagement is calculted from the tool shank and not the cutting portion of the cutter. So as it plunges in the cutting portion of the tool is gouging the part. My work around was to generate the tool path as a ball endmill and then move the toolpath to the loli cutter. But then I guess this path does not really need... and I know is not calculated for the lolli, (the process icon shows one) So I'm hoping for  better approachesand departures with the lolli type cutter.

- also when using the tilt tool option. I see the tool path flash with nice engage and retract motions for a second, then when it goes into the calculation for the tilt option it comes out with many of the engages/disengages stripped away... now it is a straight bump into material. Work around here was to turn off smoothing, but sometimes there were still some no engage disengage motions. So I went in and set engages as plunge so i did not bap into material. This could be a good default option when the engage or disengage is stripped.

Paul S.

{Paul Schneider}, {CNC Programmer}, {DRT-Rochester}

Production: {NX11.0.2,MP5, NX12.0.2, MP4}

Solution Partner Pioneer Solution Partner Pioneer
Solution Partner Pioneer

Hi Eddy ,

I feel that this command is missing on controlling the tool axis . If the Tool axis is able to control like normal to a dummy surface  . It will help make this feature even more powerful. Not all tool axis is good to normal to drive .

I have attach a video on creating a dummy drive for controlling tool axis . If it is able to do it in guiding curve will be perfect.

Best Regards,

Edwin

Siemens Legend

Agree Edwin that relating the tool axis to a different surface than the part is helpful, but here we do not have such. in the case you show that seems to be axisymetric we just developed a special interpolation that refers to the rotary axis. if you can share the prt I'll capture a video how this works.

Yours,

Eddy Finaro
NX CAM Product Manager
Siemens PLM

Solution Partner Pioneer Solution Partner Pioneer
Solution Partner Pioneer

Hi Eddy ,

Sure Why Not ?  I create the part just for this sharing. Thank You

Best Regards,

Edwin

Siemens Legend

Hi

Was on a buisness trip last week so my response was delayed. here are a few pictures showing the selection, setting and result of the new opetion I mentioned - 'Interpolate Around Axis' (temporary name):
Interpolate Around Axis.jpgAttaching also the prt on 1847. ones having an EAP version on 1847 can see it now and try it out from the next EAP.

Yours,

Eddy Finaro
NX CAM Product Manager
Siemens PLM

Learn online

Solution Information