Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

HOME POSITION G28

Hello everyone,

Would anyone advise me how to define in CSE the function G28 U0 V0 W0?

Thanks

8 REPLIES

Re: HOME POSITION G28

Hi,

when it´s for Fanuc control, then it is already implemented (I checked NX 10 and NX1102).
It should work out of the box. Or what do you mean with "how to define"?

Thomas

Please check the file Working_with_OOTB_MACH_Simulation_Examples.pdf and search for G28

in NX11.0.2 it is chapter 9.3

Here it is described where the position of G28 is defined

Thomas Schulz
Siemens PLM
Manufacturing Engineering Software

Yes it is for FANUC. However, when I deduct G28 U0 V0 W0, nothing happens and the axes are still in the same position.

So I found it and it works. Thanks

I tried to set G28 sim simulation on sim15_millturn_9ax, but it does not work on that. I copied the home position definition to the INI file, but the axes will not move in the simulation. Need to set something up for this simulation?

Is the sim looking for G28 X Y Z (and you are outputting G28 U V W?)

Try outputting (use INSERT UDE if you have to) a "G28 X0 Y0 Z0", and see if that works.

If that works, but UVW doesn't, then the issue is mapping the UVW words correctly.

If XYZ doesn't work either, then it is something else.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Not even G28 X0 Y0 Z0 works. I tried it at sim13_turn_4ax and there it also does not work. I've tried everything, but none of them. At sim12_turn_2ax I have tried G28 X0Y0Z0 and G28 U0 V0 W0 and both work. I also went through CSE settings and it's the same.

Hello,

the OOTB G28 implementation in the Fanuc.CCF are working for single channel machine tool or I need to say for machine tools with axis names like X,Y,Z.

These axis names and related axis numbers are used (hard coded) inside the method GMe_GoToReferencePosition

To adopt it to other machine tools like sim15 with X1 Y1 Z1 etc, it is needed to copy the method into the MCF and change it. Search for hard coded axis names like e.g. "X"

The OOTB sim15 Fanuc will not use G28 as it is.

Thomas Schulz
Siemens PLM
Manufacturing Engineering Software

Learn online

Solution Information