Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heidenhain TNC640 - PLANE SPATIAL MOVE ......ABST0

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

I have a heidenhain post where the 3+2 toolpath is using PLANE SPATIAL MOVE.....ABST0 FMAX SEQ-. However, I have looked through the manual of TNC640 but it didnt mention about ABST0. Does anyone know regarding the meaning for the ABST0 and where can I find information regarding this?

Capture.PNG

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Heidenhain TNC640 - PLANE SPATIAL MOVE ......ABST0

Legend
Legend

When I looked through latest manual of TNC640, I did not see the parameter you mentioned. Link below for Heidenhain manuels. which TNC640 version you have?

http://content.heidenhain.de/doku/tnc_guide/html/en/index/1242135142456/1242135142456.html

1) Did you test the code removing 'ABST0' or different values for it?

2) Did you ask machine supplier for this code? sometimes, machine builder will have different settings for cycles/special codes for each machine delivery and may not be covered by general control manual.

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

hi,

itnc 530, 640, as I tested on heidenhain controlers, PLANE has param DIST or MB, I couldnt pick ABST.

Machine controler is dialog and it didnt allows to type wrong string like other controlers sinumerik,fanuc.

What is huge advantage.

In pdf manual itnc 530 I found ABST in example but I think it is mistake in manual. There could more mistakes in pdf.

So it could be wrong in your PP.

Remember in nx output these parameters are only strings, hardcoded. So It shouldn be problem to overwrite ti.

---------------------------------------------
#♫ PB, 5ax, itnc, nx, vericut ♫ #

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

English .... DIST => Distance

German ... ABST => Abstand

The language should not matter as long as it is a minor word the controller knows.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.2, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4
Development: C (ITK), .NET, Tcl/Tk Testing: NX12.0 | AWC 3.4 Preparing: NX12.0

Employees of the customers, together we are strong Smiley Wink
How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
NX Customization - Best Practice Guide

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the info. Would you mind to share with me that where I can find the information that are stated?

Legend
Legend
Language does matter..not for the controller but for programmer! :-)

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

TNC640 guides the German one has the information on page 413, the English one on page 411. Both use DIST, but ABST is the logical German abbreviation. If it doesn't work on the machine, report it to the one who created the post-processor.

In addition, you can change the controller language of a Heidenhain post-processor created with Post Configurator to see that there are also differences for the cycles.

I just wonder why MB (move back) is not translated to RZ (Rückzug)? ;-)

In addition DIST0 would have no benefit. We haven't had a need to use DIST for the past 15 years, so we don't care about it ;-)

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.2, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4
Development: C (ITK), .NET, Tcl/Tk Testing: NX12.0 | AWC 3.4 Preparing: NX12.0

Employees of the customers, together we are strong Smiley Wink
How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
NX Customization - Best Practice Guide

Learn online

Solution Information