Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hidden or unloaded geometry caused post processor error

Genius
Genius

Hi,

Refer to my previous post, I encountered an issue where post processor threw error when some parts from sub-assembly were not loaded. My question to you all is

Why the hidden or unloaded geometry/part causes post processing to fail and give error ? Operations are up to date.

BR
Mak
TC10/NX 9
3 REPLIES

Re: Hidden or unloaded geometry caused post processor error

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

In some cases geometry is examined during post processor run, but don't ask me why Smiley Sad

It is best to always create a linked body and use that instead of directly using geometry from components, since this prevents these problems of unloaded components.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX12.0

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Genius
Genius

Thanks Stefan.

I also prefer to link bodies rather than using geometry from components. However, sometimes some users may not follow this procedure and end up using components directly.

Also I need to investigate further on this perticular issue whether really any geometry been used or is there any other issue.

BR

BR
Mak
TC10/NX 9

Phenom
Phenom

I think your log file in the other forum post tells the story:

Hidden geometry - Reference sets need to load en
tire part.; Hidden eid - Reference sets need to load entire part
while executing
"MOM_cycle_objects {SETUP {PROGRAMVIEW {MEMBERS {TOOL }
while executing

Like Marek Pawless pointed out.

You have to find (in the post) what is running the "MOM_cycle_objects" through the tool navigator (probably the tool list custom command.) Inside this - you need to put "catch { } around the call to this shop doc function.

NX10.03
Windows 7 Pro

Learn online

Solution Information