Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Hole Making operations

We are starting to use the hole-making operation. One of the first issues I encountered is the lack of an engage move. I have put in a PR that was converted to ER # 7161767.

I am looking for an alternate solution. We use the Approach Marker in conjunction with the Engage to control when the Lock Axis option is triggered. We need it after the engage move.

We do a lot of drilling on a 4 axis rotary and want to rotate the table rather than move in the X & Y. This keeps the tool in the same relative location so the operator can see what is going on.

The only option I have found is to add an additional operation to position to the initial location, lock the axis and then drill the holes. My users are not happy with this and are reverting back to the Point-to-point operation that can have an engage move.

Is there another solution that I am not aware of?

NX 9.0.3.4

Thanks

John Joyce, Manufacturing Engineer,
Senior Aerospace Connecticut
www.senioraeroct.com
Production: NX10.0.3.5, Vericut 8.0
Development: Tcl/Tk
Testing: NX11.0.1
3 REPLIES

Re: Hole Making operations

[ Edited ]

It is in the Machine Control,

Start of Path Events,

Clamp, Clamp Axis integer, it is there all the axis choices are located to activate output in Post.

There is no engage, since this is not a milling operation, there are only drill moves.

If I remember correctly drilling only involves traversal, approach and drill moves between the initial and final rapid positioning move.

I would check with the review tool which move events are triggered and change the post to get the desired output.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

In the "OLD" Point ot point operations you can customize the dialog and add the Engage and Retracrt  the new Hole-Making operation has a final retract only.

John Joyce, Manufacturing Engineer,
Senior Aerospace Connecticut
www.senioraeroct.com
Production: NX10.0.3.5, Vericut 8.0
Development: Tcl/Tk
Testing: NX11.0.1

Learn online

Solution Information