Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Hole Milling Update

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if there is an automatic updating option I could check to relieve me of this issue. For example, I create a drill hole at .386" that goes through my part. I extude a clearance cylinder for that hole at .625" thats 1" deep for a bearing that slides into it. I first drill the part at .386" and then use the hole_milling operation to create the bearing clearance. I put the part into machine, run it and find out that the .625" clearance is a little to big for the part and I want to back it down to .623". I update the model, switch back into manufacturing mode and regenerate all the operations so that the next piece I make is correct. 

What I have noticed (and it has cause me to ruin some expensive prototypes) is that if I go back into the hole_milling operation I created, click on the Specift Feature Geometry button and look at the diameter of the selected features, it never updated to the new .623" value. It is still at .625" I either have to manually enter in the new value or deselect and the reselect the hole I want milled. 

Is this a bug or some associative option I haven't found or is this working as intended? I would like to see more direct associativity in the future if that is possible when it comes to hole making ( which I think is already fantastic.)

Thanks.

7 REPLIES

Re: Hole Milling Update

What NX release do you use?

Generally the value must update, if this is not the case, you found a bug and should report it to GTAC.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

I'm using 10.0.3. Everything on my system is up to date.

Where on the GTAC page am I supposed to report this bug? Could you send me a link please.

Thanks
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Imperial
‎07-08-2016 10:32 AM

[ Edited ]

About the feature update, watch this:

https://youtu.be/WdVIAn01UCA

to open an Incident report:

go to Gtac site, select "Create or Update an Incident Report"

Cattura.PNG

fill the form and submit.

ciao

Thanks lbonomi.
So is this a bug that needs to be reported or do I just need to approve changed to the hole geometry everytime?

It is mandatory to approve changes to the hole features, else the changes will not be applied.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Sounds good. Since I don't believe that to be a bug, I won't report it. Thanks for all your help!

Learn online

Solution Information