Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Hole making Tapping feedrate?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Yeah...too many workaround takes time away from productivity is the bottom line here...I will make the gtac call but realistically nothing changes unless you are GE.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@turuleng wrote:
I will make the gtac call but realistically nothing changes unless you are GE.

I am part of a small mold shop and we have reported many problems and enhancement requests, sure enhancements need more time to come, but many of my enhancements are already implemented, open or planned.

If you think other customers would also benefit from an enhancement, don't hesitate to post the ER number here and a brief description, so others can ask GTAC to add them to the ER.

The more customers want a feature, the faster we get it Smiley Wink

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.2, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4
Development: C (ITK), .NET, Tcl/Tk Testing: NX12.0 | AWC 3.4 Preparing: NX12.0

Employees of the customers, together we are strong Smiley Wink
How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
NX Customization - Best Practice Guide

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

No I have not... I'll need to carve out some time for this until then I'll live in the Siemens workaround world. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello!

I'm not sure, whether I have understood your problem. Independent of the programmed feed in the operation you want to output the correct pitch in the post? This really works in the post. The post can calculate it. But my question is: Why don't you set the correct values in the Feeds and Speeds window in NXCAM? You give a Surface Speed and Feed per Tooth and click on calculate. The cutting feedrate is changing...

But if you only want to set the Surface Speed in the Feeds and Speeds-dialog the post is able to calculate the feed, the pitch is known in post. But you have to update your post. By default this does not work.

But I don't think that this is a good way.

Werner

Werner
Production: NX12.0.2, FBM | TcUA 11.4.0.6
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
My point is that this should be easier....once you pick a tap... Feeds and speeds should be calculated based on material and pitch... Others do it... We just keep clicking and clicking....

Have you set up feeds&speeds for this situation?

Have you enabled automatic setting of f&s for operations?

We have found that the differences are not enough to have tapping f&s set differently for different materials, we are now using one set of f&s for each tap despite of the material.

Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.2, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I have been using this software for 25 years tap cycles have never been an issue.
Infact the customization of the operation along with the post configuration can compile code for any make, model, material and tool imaginable.

I for one like choice.

EDS UG V3 -UG V15 UNIX; UGS UG V6 -UG V19 - NX-NX5 UNIX/MS;
Siemens NX6-NX10; NX11; NX12; NX1847~Infinity MS

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Does Siemens GTAC have a section where customers can log into to see these ER and show support for the ER's
EDS UG V3 -UG V15 UNIX; UGS UG V6 -UG V19 - NX-NX5 UNIX/MS;
Siemens NX6-NX10; NX11; NX12; NX1847~Infinity MS

@59holloman wrote:
Does Siemens GTAC have a section where customers can log into to see these ER and show support for the ER's

Not really, but some ERs are listed in the solution center, but usually you create an ER of your own and the service engineer is searching the database to connect you to a similar existing ER, if there is one.

Finally the product manager of the module will connect similar ERs together.

Learn online

Solution Information