cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hole making end of path information

Genius
Genius

Hello all,

I am having too make some post changes due to an issue the hole making operations compared to the old PTP operations, because we have posts linked to others for UDE's and Probing cycles when going from the main post to one of the linked post it is outputting extra code that is being output by the linked post(Rapid move).

I think I have found why this is as the difference seems to be in the MOM_end_of_path area in the old PTP operations you get the mom_last_pos, mom_prev_pos, mom_prevs_alt_pos and such information but in the new hole making operation you get none of the above?

Hole_making.JPGPTP.JPG

So my question is has anyone else had this issue and or have a suggestion on the best way to deal with this as I really want to get the same out put as with the PTP?

Regards

Dave
NX10.0.3MP13
NX11.0.1
Production
TC10
Vericut 7.3,7.4.1,8.0.2
5 REPLIES

Re: Hole making end of path information

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Hi Dave,

This kind of data is output for both operations. I have checked the two operation types (point to point and the new hole frilling) and they both do. BTW The timing in my parts is different, they both show those variables with the MOM_cycl_off event and not with the MOM_end_of_path.

Another thing that may help you is the "retract Output Mode". Setting this to "Clearance_Only" will deliver an output format that resembles the point to point at most.

Thanks,

Toon

It might help to have access (via GTAC) to your part file to check and/or assist you better.

Genius
Genius

Hi @ToonVdK

Thank you for the info, I will rasie a call and upload the file.

Regards

Dave
NX10.0.3MP13
NX11.0.1
Production
TC10
Vericut 7.3,7.4.1,8.0.2

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Hi Dave,

Your part file shows the following:

The point to point operation cycles return to minimal clearance level, after which a seperate and explicit motion is inserted to return to the initial level.

The hole drilling operation cycles return to initial level directly (RTRCTO,AUTO)

To have the new hole drilling operation cycles return to minimal clearance level, do cycle off and have an explicit goto to the initial level do set the Retract Output Mode to "Clearance_Only".

Thanks,

Toon

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Dave -

Note that the variables listed in the Review tool are not ALL the variables available at the event selected (I'm not sure how it selectes what to show, but I would assume it is variables that have changed for that event?)

If you search here for "moog_show_globals" (and read the ENTIRE thread) you be able to find out everything that actually exists at any point in time while posting.

Note I haven't had a chance to play with holemaking yet, so I can't comment on how to fix your issue.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Genius
Genius

Hi @Ken_A,

Many thanks for the information, I will take a look at your show all file. 

Regards

Dave
NX10.0.3MP13
NX11.0.1
Production
TC10
Vericut 7.3,7.4.1,8.0.2

Learn online

Solution Information