Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Hole making solids

Is there any way in either a Preference or Customer Default, to turn off the creation of the purple solid features that get created when using Hole Making?  They seem to get placed on the Work Layer, and  I'd rather not see them at all unless I decide to turn them on.  

NX 9.0.3.4 MP4

Thanks in advance for your solutions.

31 REPLIES

Re: Hole making solids

They are usually only created for a the temporary display and should vanish afterwards.

It seems that there is a bug that needs to be reported if they stay active in any way.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

I've reported this a while back...it got ER'd last week.... ER# 7684117 

Kal.

NX 9.0.3.4 MP12
PB 9.0.3.2
Vericut7.3.4

Thanks Kai!

Anyone else want to help support this ER? 

As far as I know, I only see the manufacturing features in the Manufacturing Feature Navigator, or when displaying feature geometry in an operation.

I can only select them while they are displayed in the MFN. 

Where are you able to select the machining features? 

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Mark,

In NX 9.0.3.4 MP4, the Features display and are created on the work layer, and then they are Hidden once the toolpath has been generated.  Any unhiding,unblanking, or "Show All" will bring the features back on the screen.

These solids can also be exported and I have found this by mistake as I have exported them to Vericut only to have Vericut report a gouge when a drill is goign into a hole.

I'm not sure if the behaviour is different in NX 10 or later MP's.  Can anyone confirm?

Thanks

Mark.

Dev. solution to the FBM feature creation is to blank (hide) them on the fly.

The part I've programed had 100s perhaps 500+ FBM features…upon selection of non FMB features using ctl+A or simple rectangle sel. process, the FBM features would light up like Xmass tree…thus cluttering & making a mess of things…

Ctrl+shift+b is a functionality that every programmer uses especially when parts are complicated…why FBM features were pushed to a hidden state is puzzling…

I lobbied hard to get the above PR’d since it stands against UG rules…eg. Ability to move features to a specific layer…but at the end it got ER'd...

These feature can not be moved to any layer...they just sit constantly on the work layer....

Ideal solution…ability to move the FBM features to any layer…so they are out of the way....

Kal.

NX 9.0.3.4 MP12
PB 9.0.3.2
Vericut7.3.4

Now I understand the issue. If you show all, the system-created features are displayed. 

There are PRs and ERs on this - I am looking in to what is happening.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Yes, that is exactly it.  Thank you for looking after this for us.

Ok Thanks Mark.

Kal.

NX 9.0.3.4 MP12
PB 9.0.3.2
Vericut7.3.4

Learn online

Solution Information