Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Holemaking > Boring (no drag) > G76

[ Edited ]

G76 lets the machine bore the hole, shut the spindle off and retract away from the part wall.

The operation posts correctly except there is no dialogue for Q "shift" value anywhere

NX11.0.1
3 REPLIES

Re: Holemaking > Boring (no drag) > G76

Not sure, but I think Q is usually the orientation angle, and the offset is a param in the control. 

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

[ Edited ]

Some controllers do provide more user control to define the shift amount than others. A Fanuc G76 comes with a Q to define the shift amount, the Heidenhain Cycle 202  uses a fixed value. If there is need to control this value per operation then you will need to add this parameter to the cycle definition and connect this within the post processor.

If so, my suggestion would be to add the "No Drag Clearance"  parameter (as already used within back countersinking\) to your cycle definition (extend by modification of your cdl):

SYS_CYCLE Drill_Bore_Nodrag

{

PARAM cycle_nodrag_clearance

{

TYPE d

DEFVAL "1.0"

TOGGLE OFF

UI_LABEL "No Drag Clearance"

}

}

Thanks,

Toon

[ Edited ]

If I'm not adding a UDE to set all the options (e.g. Siemens with separate X, Y, Z offsets), I just use the "orientation angle" dialog value for the Q (note this is legacy PTP drill operation), as the Fanuc style G76 does not support orientation.

Otherwise (as stated) add a UDE or modify the cycle.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Learn online

Solution Information